YoumiTrip - Russia, Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal

Very cool! I was there in 2007
3289.jpg

Thanks for some lovely shots!

I visited Lake Baikal in the 1980's as part of a holiday to travel on the Trans Siberian Express. That was before the fall of communism and I'd love to see how things have (or haven’t) changed. I remember watching one woman washing some fabrics by beating them on stones in the river. So different from what we were led to believe by the propaganda!

Very nice video and I like the way you flew over the edge.....always a great shot!! Surprised that you shot into the sun so much however.

Beautiful! Very nice work. I like the synchronization with the music. Where did you get the music? I liked it.

youmdingding said:
I'm sure you would probably notice a lot of differences. Must have been amazing to visit the lake at that time too!

Yes, Baikal was interesting but the most frustrating was when the Intourist guide asked us to stop taking so many pictures from the train!

Nicest thing about the ride on the Trans Siberian Express was the second night on board when me and another guy had chance to practice our Russian. Two Russian ladies got talking to us, asking what life was like in UK. The guide sat in with us and we had to call on her help a couple of times when we couldn't understand replies.

Must look out the 8mm film I took on the trip some time and get it converted to a more modern format if it's still ok

Intourist guide asked us to stop taking so many pictures from the train
that was in 80s and now in 2014 sometimes they ask don't take any pictures at all in some places. It's a **** KGB thing which can't leave us for so long time. :) Actually, you can do whatever you want nowadays, it's officially approved, but some people (guards, administrators..) still live in 80s..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl