You just got Part 107 -- now what?

Reaction score
OK, so I expect to take my test in a month or so, but I've also been thinking about what comes next. If you are going to start a business to make money using your drone I think there has to be a number of things that are documented to conform to expectations. One area that appears to be in a state of limbo is maintenance: with normal AC there are documents that need to be maintained detailing the problems and work done to fix them and there are requirements for the maintenance techs as well. Also, an airline pilot or even a private pilot are expected to fill out a flight plan and file it before flight.

So, I'm wondering if there is a source of information that can help someone like myself go beyond the part 107 test so that we are operating with full compliance with the rules -- even when the rules for UAV's are not well understood.

What would be useful is for someone with experience to film/record the entire process for a drone mission. From planning to contact with ATC (if needed) to documenting the flight (log book) to addressing any AC problems (maintenance log) etc.

Brian

Check out what Russel and the whole gang at Gold Seal have put together.
FAA Part 107 Ground School

@N42742

As a Part 107 Commercial Operation the FAA has "mandated" that you do NOT contact ATC. You get Authorization/Waiver for Airspace via the FAA's web portal.

Yeah, I'm fine for the test -- what I'm asking about is what comes AFTER the test. What documentation do we need to have and maintain and what exactly do we need to record?

Brian

I use HealthDrones for all of my flight records and maintenance. Everything is automatic once set up. The info should always be available online. But once a month I download and save an Excel file of all the info as CYA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT