Yosemite National Park Statement: "Drones are Illegal"

CarlJ said:
panhygrous pantler said:
BenDronePilot said:
feel a park is not a place for one kind of boggles the mind.

Many folks claim to visit national parks for a "true nature experience" and expect opportunities to "peacefully enjoy nature without the intrusion of the modern world."

These folks have used those arguments for years to limit recreational opportunities in National parks and now they are using the same arguments to limit UAV use, mostly due to the noise.

It's not only noise, but the impact on the animal life, and hundreds of other things. And one groups right can't be allowed to superseded others or you end up with: me me me me me me, okay enough about me, what do you think about me.

I'm interested to know a dozen, let alone "hundreds" of things that flying a Phantom over open park area will harm or negatively impact. It just sounds to me like your pulling all these numbers out of your a@@ without any true thought being put into it.

You just seem to be on a mission to get things banned without logic or thought, and yes there will always be people out there that will abuse things regardless of laws that are implemented. Those people are irrelevant as we're discussing laws which law abiding citizens will actually follow. And any such laws need to be well thought through and reasonable in action.

I still stand on the opinion that certain or even most types of radio control plane activity should be considered okay given certain criteria. With maybe certain areas considered excluded. The main thing I wouldn't agree on is a blanket exclusion for the entirety of all parks without exception or special consideration based on the type and size of craft and how it will be used.

I've already listed numerous reasons, and I would have agreed that there is no need to have a total ban on all the parks--til I saw the way some of you have reacted. It's pretty clear you really have no respect for the parks, the other people in the parks, or the animals, and If it were up to me I wouldn't let you near the place.

And you have no right to be there, people died exploring those parks so they could be mapped and established, what have you ever done besides cry about your imaginary rights? What a joke...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1