yet another lens hood question

Reaction score
I'm using this EXACT shape on my P4, but i'm getting an occasional camera bounce, totally ruining videography.

i suspect prop wash, but am uncertain. it's is super lightweight, but could it possibly still be a strain on the gimbal motors?
41K4sz88deL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

i'll probably try this for a lighter weight alternative : youtu.be/WzmFNeFRdy8

any better solutions? i simply want to end my prop shadows on bright sunny days

I'm using this EXACT shape on my P4, but i'm getting an occasional camera bounce, totally ruining videography.

i suspect prop wash, but am uncertain. it's is super lightweight, but could it possibly still be a strain on the gimbal motors?
41K4sz88deL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

i'll probably try this for a lighter weight alternative : youtu.be/WzmFNeFRdy8

any better solutions? i simply want to end my prop shadows on bright sunny days

You might try balancing the gimbal.

I think what your experiencing on bright sunny days is too high of a shutter speed. If your flying in the bright sun with no filter, or too low of an aperture, your SS is too high. The general rule of thumb is to double the FPS to get a proper SS. If your filming @ 60 fps, you’ll want a 1/120 SS.

I’m not saying your hood won’t fix the problem. It might be blocking enough sun light from above to lower the SS. Who knows for sure. Next time you fly, pay attention to your SS vs. the fps.

Reactions: nd34567890
Thank you, here is the example, could not use hood for reason stated above, then forgot ND filter (still learning after a year) and could not gain access from ther side of property for line-of-sight & sun-behind-me.

i record 2k at 30fps, so i will look into 1/60 SS and learn how to use my ND filters better too.

I still need to learn basic photography stuffs. i've just been lucky so far as to not have videography issues.

Reactions: Helihover
Thank you, here is the example, could not use hood for reason stated above, then forgot ND filter (still learning after a year) and could not gain access from ther side of property for line-of-sight & sun-behind-me.

i record 2k at 30fps, so i will look into 1/60 SS and learn how to use my ND filters better too.

I still need to learn basic photography stuffs. i've just been lucky so far as to not have videography issues.

That video clearly shows too high of a shutter speed. The lines on the video are not from your props.

I still like the hood however. Shooting with a hood is great in almost every condition.

Next time you film, throw a filter on and compare the different SS speeds accordingly. Then post your results.

Reactions: nd34567890

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj