Yaw motor replacement

Excellent Video!! Will use this as a reference since I’ll be replacing the yaw very soon [emoji16]

Excellent Video!! Will use this as a reference since I’ll be replacing the yaw very soon [emoji16]
Just go slow. Sometime the shaft is a bit tight and requires more force. If it makes u nervous find a press and push it out. I usually just get a bigger hammer. The only thing I worry about is damaging the original housing with the magnets. I have seen where the black part inside the housing is damaged a little. I found that most of the time it still works.

Sorry I have not been following this thread right along. I just moved from Florida to Upstate NY. It was too cold here to type a reply. I am freezing. Also I have been busy setting up my shop and fixing cameras.
By the way I hate NY. My taxes just doubled and I get nothing for it. I guess the money goes to those that don't want to work.
Hi Ted..how are you doing? just an update with this thread, there is a guy on you youtube posted a video on the P4 camera alignment issue. He just replaced the yaw board..which seems to be a whloe lot easier repair but maybe not for ones wallet. What do you thiink?

Hi Ted..how are you doing? just an update with this thread, there is a guy on you youtube posted a video on the P4 camera alignment issue. He just replaced the yaw board..which seems to be a whloe lot easier repair but maybe not for ones wallet. What do you thiink?
I have heard that. The problem is you have to find a new esc yaw board. Everyone that I get is used even if it says it is new. And yes they are expensive. It might be the best solution when the yaw is totally destroyed. I have a friend who replaced the board and it worked for him. I am still freezing but now my wife is cold too. We will be going back to Florida.

Reactions: Alan Russel
Thanks ted for quick reply...here where ive i australia just had 2 days of 42,,38 (100 deg Plus). i have tried it and does work.

Hey guys, I know I'm a little late to the show here, but it seems the best place to start as I have not seen this specific problem.

I had a little accident where from what I gather, the yaw motor was ripped apart. From what I am guessing, it looks like a little clip holding it together was broken. I can actually snap it back into place and even flew with it like that, but now I'm getting "gimbal overload" warnings and obviously I want to fix it anyways.

I do have DJI refresh and have used it with good results, but I am guessing that this repair might be done for under $100 and would like to save the refresh for something more catastrophic.;) It looks like I just need to purchase the yaw motor?
IMG_20190614_190301039-01.jpeg
IMG_20190614_190301039.jpgIMG_20190614_190301039.jpg

Also, I don't own a vice but would probably pick one up if there is no other way.

Thanks for any and all input.

Well I replaced the yaw motor with a "new" used part and still camera is leaned right...
I tried to open it and re balance and doing that I broke the bearing so I need a new gimbal motor, the one that control the lean angle.

My question is.... Does the phantom 3 motor works on a phantom 4 ?
No completely diifferent

Hello, my P4p replacement parts arrived from china so far so good no complaints, roll motors looks like brand new but yaw motor has some scratches, i guess it's used, i am not sure about the flex cable though flex cable that i ordered doesn't have this part look at (blue arrows)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    75.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 20190616_222533 - კოპირება.jpg
    20190616_222533 - კოპირება.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 224
  • 20190616_220644 - კოპირება.jpg
    20190616_220644 - კოპირება.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 151
Hey guys, I know I'm a little late to the show here, but it seems the best place to start as I have not seen this specific problem.

I had a little accident where from what I gather, the yaw motor was ripped apart. From what I am guessing, it looks like a little clip holding it together was broken. I can actually snap it back into place and even flew with it like that, but now I'm getting "gimbal overload" warnings and obviously I want to fix it anyways.

I do have DJI refresh and have used it with good results, but I am guessing that this repair might be done for under $100 and would like to save the refresh for something more catastrophic.;) It looks like I just need to purchase the yaw motor?View attachment 112051View attachment 112050View attachment 112050

Also, I don't own a vice but would probably pick one up if there is no other way.

Thanks for any and all input.
Yes you need yaw motor and follow the teds video on how to replace the motor and sensors and keep the old housing

Just rebuilt the gimbal, replaced the whole yaw motor and seems like it stays in center or at least close, no error or overload warnings?? any ideas?? or i was just lucky ?? also i think yaw arm is bent because on startup camera doesn't stay balanced on roll axis

So Yaw motor successfully replaced (I think?)! Seems like I was able to get genuine parts (off ebay no less). The videos' premise is sound, however, I might want to add a few caveats to it. Bottom line is, be patient, be careful, have the right tools!

After replacement, I did a Compass and IMU calibration, and noted that in GPS mode the bird seemed to drift lets say a full 12 inches in any direction (that is: up/down, roll left/right, pitch forward/backward, no yaw drifting). I have not fully tested this but when I did some basics, it was very hot outside (97) if that could possibly matter(prop motors were super hot, more than I can remember). Can anyone give me any insight as to why this is happening?

Thank You!!

Last edited:
I uploaded a new and I hope improved how to video
Hi everyone there, my name is Esteban and I am writing from Argentina. Would you be so kind to recommend me a store/dealer/service/online seller where I could buy a good DJI P4P yaw motor replacement?
Mine just went dead.

Thanks so much!

Lately I have been getting yaw motors from AliExpress
Ted, thanks for the great video. I have just replaced my yaw motor.

When I put the motor in the casing I noticed that there is nothing really to stop top of the motor moving up into the casing and damaging the sensors again. What do you think about putting something like a nylon or steel washer on the shaft to reduce the chance of the motor moving into the housing and damaging the sensors again.

Ted, thanks for the great video. I have just replaced my yaw motor.

When I put the motor in the casing I noticed that there is nothing really to stop top of the motor moving up into the casing and damaging the sensors again. What do you think about putting something like a nylon or steel washer on the shaft to reduce the chance of the motor moving into the housing and damaging the sensors again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl