Yaw arm broken what now?

Reaction score
So only after a week of flying, I crashed my phantom 4 into a tree. The yaw arm is broken but before I try to replace it, is there a way to make sure everything else is okay? should I try removing the the yaw arm and camera and power it up? Thanks!

So only after a week of flying, I crashed my phantom 4 into a tree. The yaw arm is broken but before I try to replace it, is there a way to make sure everything else is okay? should I try removing the the yaw arm and camera and power it up? Thanks!
You have to watch those trees that jump out,,Ebay has lots of parts and cheap too,,bit pointless trying to power up cam cause it not mounted and might tear ribbon cable,,,do they look ok,,it might pay to order a cable set aswell,if cam broken off there's bound to be ribbon damage,,
Screenshot_20191219-144443_eBay.jpg

DJI Drone Service in Hillsdale NJ fixed Mt or $245. Free estimate and free shipping both ways.

I had a yaw arm break on a different brand drone and, while waiting for the replacement to arrive, I "glued" the yaw arm back together using JB Weld. Color was similar, just darker, but this stuff hardens like steel. The repair job worked so well I'm still using the repaired arm and the new one is sitting on the shelf. Give JB Weld a try on anything that breaks that isn't a lens or electronics. Simple, cheap fix for most anything where a good hold is needed.

If the yaw arm broke it is likely the yaw sensors got damaged. Look at my video on YouTube under droneted or pm me and I will send a link

DJI should make those arms out of tungsten reinforced with carbon fiber and padded with Nurf Foam for protection. OK, seriously, I had a yaw arm break on an old Xiro drone and ordered a new one online. Didn't want to wait a week to fly again so bonded the arm back together with JB Weld. It worked so well I never got around to replacing it with the new one. That was 3 years ago...hint hint. If the sensors are damaged, that's a different issue and glue won't help. But using a strong bonding epoxy like JB Weld would at least let you know if the sensors are damaged.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers