Wtf????!? My brand-new standard just flew away

It's a mistake to take off from your backyard and fly recklessly, then post all the info online.

They know where you live.
Newbie I am, my Phantom 3 pro just took a dive into a lake, but I ordered another one, but sad anyway. I crashed it into a wall. 1 motor was very hot. After cooling it off, it ran, so I tried it, up to 380 ft., then it crashed. I know it was operator error, and will try my best to accommodate my new 1 with the proper respect and fly it right!. Still sad, to see it fall from over 300 ft. into a lake:(

Newbie I am, my Phantom 3 pro just took a dive into a lake, but I ordered another one, but sad anyway. I crashed it into a wall. 1 motor was very hot. After cooling it off, it ran, so I tried it, up to 380 ft., then it crashed. I know it was operator error, and will try my best to accommodate my new 1 with the proper respect and fly it right!. Still sad, to see it fall from over 300 ft. into a lake:(

I have had 4 phantoms
never saw a need to hit 380 feet
especially "testing" damaged unit

why would anyone do that, seriously?

I have had 4 phantoms
never saw a need to hit 380 feet
especially "testing" damaged unit

why would anyone do that, seriously?
" The Agony of Defeat" after trying to find "The Thrill of Victory"--

it all looks so easy to some-- after all, you only have to push the stick forward or pull it backo_O:eek::confused:

Tc malker, i get English is your second Language, its quite acceptable actually, but could you quit speaking now.

Nah, I was talking to that killjoy, but I don't know how to reply to earlier posts so I just replied to yours! Incidentally, there are untold reasons why one would take their bird above 400 feet, Hi-Rez pictures of my small town, Comes to mind for me

My town is smaller Jordan..,I live in Xenia

Tc malker, i get English is your second Language, its quite acceptable actually, but could you quit speaking now.
OK. I was just playing with you bro. You can fly as high as you want I don't give a hoot. But my advice to you is real, be careful what you post. I sincerely hope that wasn't your backyard that you took off from.

We cool?

Certainly, we cool... Regardless of height, it is readily apparent that the drone malfunctioned arbitrarily and without cause, my question is do I have any recourse?

View attachment 37746
I bought two days ago, was trying a person of interest, then switch to GPS, I noticed the bird is not responding to my commands, it was 3000 feet away, suddenly, Kept on rising,and I immediately hit return home.Next thing Iknow, it's distance from me is continuing to increase, With disconnector no signal sign coming as a proximally 4900 feet.

The flight log shows repeated attempts to return home, with the bird continuing in the opposite way
If you do manage to recover the P3 please retrieve the .DAT file for this flight before sending it to DJI.

View attachment 37746
I bought two days ago, was trying a person of interest, then switch to GPS, I noticed the bird is not responding to my commands, it was 3000 feet away, suddenly, Kept on rising,and I immediately hit return home.Next thing Iknow, it's distance from me is continuing to increase, With disconnector no signal sign coming as a proximally 4900 feet.

The flight log shows repeated attempts to return home, with the bird continuing in the opposite way
Did you use litchi?

anyway the faa cant do anything from an online source like this they need another source to comfirm
They can do anything they want-- source or no source-- they will err on the side of federal bureaucracy.:D:D

OK. I was just playing with you bro. You can fly as high as you want I don't give a hoot. But my advice to you is real, be careful what you post. I sincerely hope that wasn't your backyard that you took off from.

We cool?
My advice to you is to chill o_O
I have read all your mess and it is unnecessary .

I consider myself a noob, and maybe the problem is I am inexperienced and/or naive, but this thread might very well illustrate the most irresponsible flight I've ever heard of - including all the whacky things I've seen on youtube.

1 - OP claims his battery at takeoff was 100%, but the healthy drones flight info says the takeoff battery power was 83% Most of us know this is a no-no if it is accurate.

2 - OP flew at night. This is not against the law yet, but we know FAA recommends not flying at night because the hobby craft is completely invisible to any manned aircraft approaching from above. For example, commercially approved UAVs are not permitted to fly at night.

3 - OP immediately ascended to 900+ feet. Complete disregard to the FAA suggested height limit. Again, no law has been passed yet. But you have to question the judgment.

4 - OP (apparently) flew out of LOS. FAA does not approve of such flights. Sure, UAV pilots do it all the time - that is - they make a judgment and proceed. No law against it yet, but the judgment is questionable.

5 - OP launched and flew within about a mile and a half or so from an airport. There is no grey area on this one. It's blatantly against FAA rules to fly within five miles of an airport without authorization [Edit: see post #41]. But no law against it yet.

6 - OP did all these things at the same time!

7 - last but not least ... OP posted it all online for the world to see! And I think that was the worst thing of all. OP is basically thumbing his nose at the FAA in full public view and in broad daylight. What does this say about hobby pilots in general moving forward towards registration and regulation?

I am sure there are many pilots who have done a few of these things, and a few pilots who have done all of these things. But to do them all at once? It's one thing for a pilot to take these risks upon himself, but to then post them online for the world to see is completely wrong, wrong, wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frito60

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4