Wtf????!? My brand-new standard just flew away

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450074789.682832.jpg

I bought two days ago, was trying a person of interest, then switch to GPS, I noticed the bird is not responding to my commands, it was 3000 feet away, suddenly, Kept on rising,and I immediately hit return home.Next thing Iknow, it's distance from me is continuing to increase, With disconnector no signal sign coming as a proximally 4900 feet.

The flight log shows repeated attempts to return home, with the bird continuing in the opposite way

Last edited by a moderator:
The log details are a bit sketchy but your Phantom was switched to atti mode for much of the time that there are details but the Phantom maintained good GPS signal.
In atti mode, the Phantom does not use GPS and has lost the ability to hold position.
It will drift with the wind and can appear to be not responding or even flying away if you are not familiar with atti mode.
There's no sign of doing a point of interest circle on the log.
Can you give more details of what happened?
It was very high - what was the wind doing where you were flying?
If the wind was more than 20mph, RTH would have difficulty and you would have to control it yourself to get full speed.

Did you recover the Phantom?

No, I've been flying phantoms for five months now, it was only at ATTi a few times very shortly because I was attempting to bring it back, Because the controls were not responding at all, if you notice you see that it was returning home mode and yet continuing on a straight line until I lost signal... The exact opposite way

This just seems like a total malfunction brand-new drone, and no, I have no idea where it ended up, and there was little to no wind, do I have any options

You could also see through the interactive flight plan on the app, that the entire time it is moving in a northerly direction away from me, the controller is not being used and is dead center inactive

If you look at my first post you'll see a picture of my app showing my home being exactly where I started nd at 100% battery, but there's no flight indication until it's like thousand feet away.either way, it's clearly on a straight path leading straight away from me with no control input from me, except when I made efforts to steer it in and the controls were not responsive

I would contact DJI immediately, more then likely you will offer you a replacement @ 50% off, which does not compensate for your loss, by the way sorry for your loss... also, i would get out there & look for it the last known location, the flight logs on the phantom would come in handy when DJI asks for them.

I would contact DJI immediately, more then likely you will offer you a replacement @ 50% off, which does not compensate for your loss, by the way sorry for your loss... also, i would get out there & look for it the last known location, the flight logs on the phantom would come in handy when DJI asks for them.

Thanks for the suggestion, I discovered that the first part of the single flight was separated in the flight log and it shows I've had a good take off and strong signal

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Lol,I was trying to get approximately 500 feet for a long exposure
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450140847.040303.jpg

Like this one as I already mentioned and my flight log remote control interface would confirm, the drone decided he would prefer to take control

Also, the airport is effectively vacant since dhl bugged out... that is the only privately owned airport in the country that can accommodate 747 and such

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers