WP: How An Off-The-Charts Flood Ravaged Ellicott City

I grew up in Elliott City. I don't know where they got the 1000 year storm from, Hurricane Agnes was worse and they just flooded 5 years or so ago almost to that level.

Where's Noah? ;-)

RedHotPoker

I grew up in Elliott City. I don't know where they got the 1000 year storm from, Hurricane Agnes was worse and they just flooded 5 years or so ago almost to that level.
Greg Carbin on Twitter

I remember Hurricane Agnes. My friend and I went to see a movie at the Avalon on Wisconsin Ave in Bethesda and I was upset I had to pay three dollars to get in! My friend's dad came to get us afterwards since we were too young to drive and he said the water was up to his windows in some spots. That hurricane knocked out the foot bridge that led across the Potomac at Great Falls connecting Maryland and Virginia. They left the ruins in place and didn't try to rebuild, although many years later they built footbridges as an overlook.

A few years ago, somebody flew their Phantom 2 from the overlook and the cops tried to knock it into the water with a park police helicopter.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20