Wow this is ACTUALLY LEGAL

Reaction score

And before anybody complains here is the official website saying it's ok

Flying drones in Richmond Park

Just moved here so I checked. Can't wait to get similar footage [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Rode there recently and there must be about 100+ reindeers and stags. Such a massive place

Don't get too excited. It states: "The use of drones and remote controlled flying models is permitted only on the Flying Field in Richmond Park." A flying field is typically a small open area of a park. In fact, if you click on that map on that page and switch to satellite image, you will see those ponds are not part of the flying field, nor is most of the park. Probably best to ask at an information booth what the flying area limit is so you don't get a fine.

Actually, the field sign in that video states that flying is only allowed within a 250 ft radius of that notice so it appears this guy is flying well beyond the permitted area. You are also required to have $10,000 of liability insurance to fly there, according to the same sign.

The next step will be for the park to ban drones completely because of people like that guy.

Last edited:
The flying field is more then enough for my needs. Can't say for sure if the guy did break the law as the wildlife roam freely round the park even on the flying field

While I agree that flying by a sign that says "no flying " is stupid af. Isn't limiting flying to a flying field the same as banning pretty much?

The thing I can't understand is when is the flying field stop being a flying field beyond a certain point. I havent read the rules on the actual sign but do plan on heading there this Monday to read it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94