Would you fly?

Sure, why not? Especially if you fly a P3 or P4, which can fly fine in 19 mph wind gusts. Be watchful, however, of NFZ around the local airports. I recall seeing something somewhere around a no-fly ordinance that Barstow has enacted.

Sure, why not? Especially if you fly a P3 or P4, which can fly fine in 19 mph wind gusts. Be watchful, however, of NFZ around the local airports. I recall seeing something somewhere around a no-fly ordinance that Barstow has enacted.
That's weird we don't have an airport in Barstow

The best way to check the wind speed where you are... is to walk outside, watch the trees, and then decide :)
Wind speeds will vary at different altitudes and may be non existent at ground level or at the height you want to fly.

I don't see any impediments near Barstow on the section map until you get east to the Barstow-Daggett air space and north into an Alert area, and northwest a few miles into Restricted Area R-2515. And here is the URL to Barstow Ordinance 942-2015 which details what you cannot do with a drone in Barstow: http://www.barstowca.org/home/showdocument?id=3372

Last edited:
I don't see any impediments near Barstow until you get east to the Barstow-Daggett air space and north into an Alert area, and northwest a few miles into Restricted Area R-2515. And here is the URL to Barstow Ordinance 942-2015 which details what you cannot do with a drone in Barstow: http://www.barstowca.org/home/showdocument?id=3372
I was literally reading that same thing right before I came back here hahaha. Thanks guys. I've flown a few places in town and nobody has said anything. But then again I don't fly around people I go out in the middle of the desert or I hover in my back and front yard.

Except for a parachute area, looks like you have some wide open, interesting air space along CA 247 (?) south of you between Barstow and Lucerne Valley.

Except for a parachute area, looks like you have some wide open, interesting air space along CA 247 (?) south of you between Barstow and Lucerne Valley.
Parachute area? There is alot of open space. Literally surrounded my miles and miles of open desert

I like to just go up and use atti .
We have short trees Reed ;)
Yup, everything is shorter in Mississippi right :tonguewink: haha... Do the leaves still blow across the ground? Watching the wind yourself is a lot more accurate then staying inside and believing the weather channel, just say'in. I have no choice but to watch the trees here. Trees really are a lot bigger in California, I just forgot
20151020_153614.jpg
2014-02-14 16.30.07.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Yup, everything is shorter in Mississippi right :tonguewink: haha... Do the leaves still blow across the ground? Watching the wind yourself is a lot more accurate then staying inside and believing the weather channel, just say'in. I have no choice but to watch the trees here. Trees really are a lot bigger in California, I just forgotView attachment 65433 View attachment 65435 .
Not everything brother but I'm the same way . I use no weather apps only my bald head for the rain and eyes to watch what it is doing .
It's easy to tell .
We do have lots of big trees but those would fit inside those :)

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl