Would VPS sensor stop the quad from hitting the ground

Reaction score
When I get my P3 I would like to try fly it up a 300m hill around 1/2km from me. The hill is 368m above sea level and 254 from peak to base. I would estimate the peak to be around 270m above where I want to take off.

The worry is that I loss signal when above the hill and RTH descends the quad to crash in to the hill.

I could set the return to home hight to 300m. The only problem with that would be I wouldn't want it to fly all the way back to me at 300m as i would like to get it back down to the 120m limit to fly back.

If RTH did try to decend in to a hill would the VPS help stop it crash?

What would be the best way to try the flight?

No worry needed RTH never lower to 20m if you above it, it will only go back home and then it will land. So if RTH is triggered at 270m it will keep that current altitude come back over your head and then it will land.

This is not how RTH works. If RTH is set at 40m and you are at 200m T the time, it will stay at that increased height while flying back. The setting is the minimum height. If the Phantom is above this altitude it will stay at that increased altitude.

Good to know. I should have knew that from the P2V+ but have forgotten a few things since I sold it. Will be time for a good refresh when the P3 arrives.

And you would be able to cancel RTH if needed once you got control back. You could adjust altitude as well, even while RTH protocol is active. Remember you have full control over the craft while RTH is active.

Reactions: isopro
Thanks for the info. I will be getting back up to speed soon. For now just been messing around with the Hubsan x4 to keep my self handy with the controls.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic