Wonder if this could prevent water damage in an ocean, lake, or river crash?

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZrjXSsfxMQ

Coat all the internals with this stuff, then attach a "GetterBack" - water activated float and lanyard so you can retrieve it - and I wonder if it would then be completely salvageable after a water crash.
If you can waterproof an iPhone with it, then I'm guessing the parts of a Phantom wouldn't be beyond possibility.

Pretty amazing - wonder if you could scrape it off if you needed to do some solder work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZrjXSsfxMQ

Coat all the internals with this stuff, then attach a "GetterBack" - water activated float and lanyard so you can retrieve it - and I wonder if it would then be completely salvageable after a water crash.
If you can waterproof an iPhone with it, then I'm guessing the parts of a Phantom wouldn't be beyond possibility.
See question 3 from the Never wet FAQ.
http://www.rustoleum.com/pages/help-and-support/faqs/neverwet-faqs/

That's crazy. Their own video gives instructions on how to treat a mobile phone.
I guess an iPhone isn't "electronics" LOL.
Their answer on the FAQ is probably to prevent litigation when someone drowns something expensive, but I'd also be concerned with heat build up and the like, if this stuff causes an insulating effect.

Pity it's not totally clear - imagine doing your car windscreen with it. Driving in the rain would never be the same again.

HI, I SAW YOUR POSTING, and i cliped a tree early last night, but i was flying it back to me when it clipped a branch like that. only thing, it was only 6 ft from me, so i jumped in water and snatched it out, ran inside and spent a half hour with a hair dryer (oh and of course was fresh water not salt (forget trying to salvage anything electronic if its been dunked in salt water lol)) and oh i immediately popped the battery out of it by the way as well (thats another thing if you have current going to somethign electronic and lands in water can short out circuit boards. i plugged battery in the morning (and of course the mights on the battery are on but they were last night too) but the copter didnt power on at all. i havwent tried the rice yet, i know that works with cell phones... you have any experience with these or any other suggestions?
thankS! my email is [email protected]...
keith forrest

HI, I SAW YOUR POSTING, and i cliped a tree early last night, but i was flying it back to me when it clipped a branch like that. only thing, it was only 6 ft from me, so i jumped in water and snatched it out, ran inside and spent a half hour with a hair dryer (oh and of course was fresh water not salt (forget trying to salvage anything electronic if its been dunked in salt water lol)) and oh i immediately popped the battery out of it by the way as well (thats another thing if you have current going to somethign electronic and lands in water can short out circuit boards. i plugged battery in the morning (and of course the mights on the battery are on but they were last night too) but the copter didnt power on at all. i havwent tried the rice yet, i know that works with cell phones... you have any experience with these or any other suggestions?
keith forrest
What's up you posting the same thing in couple threads o_O
Welcome you can start your own thread . Yes do the rice for couple days and try it .
GL!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Already been done! :)

Liquipel, does not do drones anymore.

Too bad, it seemed like a great idea to me.
And I don't live or fly within a K miles, of salty water.

RedHotPoker

Already been done! :)
As I recall, it was very expensive and did not include a replacement warranty if it failed. They no longer offer this service.

keith forrest
The voltage in a Phantom is too low to "short" anything. It can encourage corrosion in connectors, though. more so if it's salt water. (That's why the first thing the NTSB does with a flight data recorder that's been in salt water is to put it into a fresh water container). Have you opened the shell to dry out the connectors?

How to waterproof electronics

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31