Wonder if there will be a stripped down base P3, like the P2 (versus the P2V etc)

Reaction score
I'm still not overly convinced about basically flying FPV via a wifi link.
Issues of people having screens freeze, apps crash if a call comes in, etc etc.
So I bought a P2 without all the P2V and PSV+ gear onboard, and got mine packaged with an H3-3D Gimbal and a GoPro 4B, and a 5.8 FPV system (and even that I then upgraded to an ImmersionRC 600mw).

I'm wondering if there will eventually be packages built off the P3 as a base, but with different gimbals, GoPro camera options, etc etc.?
I'm guessing the killer to that option would be the fact that it comes with a Lightbridge system (even if it is scaled down to 720p). So there wouldn't be much point to replacing a system like that with a 5.8 and a black pearl or the like. But for those who want to build theirs up a bit differently it would be nice to be able to start with a P3 instead.

I'm wondering if there will eventually be packages built off the P3 as a base, but with different gimbals, GoPro camera options, etc etc.?
Why would you want to step back to a Gopro?
That's a bit like starting with an Airbus A380 and retrofitting piston engines and props.

Reactions: Ezookiel
I agree. Sorry, was mostly thinking about full 360 gimbals, and non-wifi FPV.
I just don't trust wifi for FPV at long ranges. But I can't really justify that lack of trust. It might be totally unfounded. I actually think I'll probably work my P2 to the ground over the next year or so and then hope the Inspire 2 is a kick-arse unit and go with that. Besides, I hate white-plastic Phantoms, even with gold trim they look like a kid's toy. I loved that my P2 sold as a "Pro Kit" came in a hydrodipped body. Stupidly elitist I know. We don't buy these things for looks, we buy them to do a job we need done. But looks sure help if they come as an added bonus.

I don't think this is going to happen. Lightbridge is one of the main selling feature for the P3. IMO, I trust lightbridge over 5.8 radio transmitters, not to mention the quality of the video downlink you got.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.