Winter waterfall aerial video

Some nice, controlled reverse flying there. Curious about your choice of 1080p: Did you shoot it in 4K?
Thank you.
Yes. Shot in 4K. I applied some stabilization which robs from the full frame. So I reduced the output.
Good call.

Beautiful place to fly with the snow.

One question, why the water look greenish? Is it the real color?
Thank you. It’s a good question. This happens at some waterfalls and I’m not sure why. I don’t know if it’s something to do with something underneath coming through. I first noticed this years ago with a picture in the Yellowstone waterfalls.

Having said that, I admit to adding a LUT in post processing and maybe upping the saturation a bit to emphasize some colors in a fairly colorless winter scene. So I’m sure it’s exaggerated a bit. But I didn’t add it. Nor did I subtract it because I wanted some visual interest. If it’s distracting then maybe it’s counterproductive.

This kind of feedback is always helpful.
Bill

edit: I should note that I did a white balance adjustment on the snow to make sure there was no overall color cast. So regarding the green in the water, it must have been there. :)

I enjoyed flying onboard your drone. Well done with your flying backwards. This was a really tricky scene to shoot with the step height changes and bends - all further complicated by the running water.

Without the motion of the water it would have been more simple to fly forward through the scene and reverse in post. I use this technique fairly routinely but it is a bit of a minefield and its easy to get caught out by moving vehicles, wave motion and animals to name but a few.

All the best, Martin

I enjoyed flying onboard your drone. Well done with your flying backwards. This was a really tricky scene to shoot with the step height changes and bends - all further complicated by the running water.

Without the motion of the water it would have been more simple to fly forward through the scene and reverse in post. I use this technique fairly routinely but it is a bit of a minefield and its easy to get caught out by moving vehicles, wave motion and animals to name but a few.

All the best, Martin
Thank you. Yes very true about flying forward and then reversing in post. That I couldn’t do that makes this all the more interesting.

Thank you. It’s a good question. This happens at some waterfalls and I’m not sure why. I don’t know if it’s something to do with something underneath coming through. I first noticed this years ago with a picture in the Yellowstone waterfalls.

Having said that, I admit to adding a LUT in post processing and maybe upping the saturation a bit to emphasize some colors in a fairly colorless winter scene. So I’m sure it’s exaggerated a bit. But I didn’t add it. Nor did I subtract it because I wanted some visual interest. If it’s distracting then maybe it’s counterproductive.

This kind of feedback is always helpful.
Bill

edit: I should note that I did a white balance adjustment on the snow to make sure there was no overall color cast. So regarding the green in the water, it must have been there. :)
Yes, I have seen that the color of the snow was very real, that's why I was asking about the water

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I have seen that the color of the snow was very real, that's why I was asking about the water

Thanks for your reply
Check this. I can’t explain it. This is Yellowstone.

Attachments

• 6CB7AE45-BE5B-4387-8282-933B33803F33.png
    6CB7AE45-BE5B-4387-8282-933B33803F33.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 75
Well done. Nice video

I love falls that have an curves a long the top or cascading water falls.
I have done some winter falls with snow and I needed to adjust the colors that come through by tricking the camera. The white foam does have a green tint in your video. The snow on my monitor has a pink tint. I do a color cast correction by clicking on the foam on my videos, because it is the most noticeable. It seems to work well all around.
Clear streams seem to have a blueish or green tint to them. I have had people ask me, are the streams where I live, that color?

Reactions: bsartist

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20