Wind speed

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm wondering if DJI Go application shows wind speed? I'm sure when I just bought the drone and played with the application at home I've seen that option on the screen. But now when I'm flying I don't see it any more. Is it there or I'm just dreaming?

Hi,
I'm wondering if DJI Go application shows wind speed? I'm sure when I just bought the drone and played with the application at home I've seen that option on the screen. But now when I'm flying I don't see it any more. Is it there or I'm just dreaming?
It doe not show the wind speed.

Speaking of wind speed, I did not like flight behavior today in moderate 8mph wind. DJI needs to fix the forward/reverse drifting thing. I hope they do it for the next update. It was pulling so badly off line that at times I wasn't sure which way the nose was facing. Not cool.

Speaking of wind speed, I did not like flight behavior today in moderate 8mph wind. DJI needs to fix the forward/reverse drifting thing. I hope they do it for the next update. It was pulling so badly off line that at times I wasn't sure which way the nose was facing. Not cool.
You may need to do an IMU calibration and stick calibration.

Reactions: III% Streve
Thats you, not the FW! they are rock solid right now at 20MPH EASY!

Reactions: Garret Pearl
I know we have a little cheer leading group here. That's fine- I'd like to become part of it. This is a known issue and I hope DJI is taking it seriously.

Its not a known issue. Its an isolated issue that is easily resolved with the proper effort.

It's a huge issue with 1.4. I know, because I have 1.5 and it fixed it.

HUH! I see no 1.5! Are you doing beta??

Tahoe Ed and Blade only said to do a compass calibration and forward/reverse runs to clear it. I have done that and it did seem to work. But today in winds it got ugly again.It may act up with very slow forward movement on the stick. I have been working on slow flying lately and that's when it seemed to kick in.

This is the latest FW upgrade on the DJI site
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010

I have the same issue on both of my quads since the last FW update.
They were rock solid prior to the update.

the drifting is, in fact, a know issue w/ 1.4. multiple accounts and tests to prove it on rcg. I have not heard whether the ninja 1.4 update fixes it or not, but those running the beta 1.5 claim that it's fixed.

Hi,

Would be a great feature

Another way to get wind speed is just to change to atti mode, let the MR drift and read the speed telemetry. It also shows you the direction, by observing the MR.

I always like to take off in Atti and fly up to the hight I will be using,that way you get a good idea of what conditions are like. Often it is much windier up 100' and often in a different direction as well. Flying in atti will also give you a good idea of where the shear between wind layers are.

I think it is too easy to become numb to the elements always flying in GPS. A good pilot can spot where there may be bad vortexes at the edge of woods or around buildings and hills, as well as the effects of thermals, they cause winds, sometimes very strong, out of every quarter. You should learn how to read the wind and anticipate where you may get in trouble or the auto pilot in the MR will have difficulties.

Flying low wing loading RC planes is a great way to learn about the atmosphere we fly in. You become aware of trouble before you get in too deep. It is amazing to see how even in a fairly light wind 12mph or so, there will be strong vortexes downwind of buildings or even trees that can flip a model right over. Learn to anticipate and stay out of trouble.

Have fun and fly safe. This is a great sport...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94