Will you be switching from Phantom series to the new Mavic 2 series?

Will you be switching from Phantom series to the new Mavic 2 series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
OK Phantom fliers....Are you going to switch from the good old white bird to the new-fangled Mavic? Please let me know your answers.

Reactions: Daasmangi
I have the p4p and have the whole system at firmwares which allow me to fly without wind and geo nags and limitations. A new Mavic would be a step in the wrong direction for me in terms of navigational software flight experience. The mavics look like great birds but at a cost of freedom in the sky? No thanks. That's the spoiler with new dji birds, the newer restrictive software that comes along with it.

I have the p4p and have the whole system at firmwares which allow me to fly without wind and geo nags and limitations. A new Mavic would be a step in the wrong direction for me in terms of navigational software flight experience. The mavics look like great birds but at a cost of freedom in the sky? No thanks. That's the spoiler with new dji birds, the newer restrictive software that comes along with it.

I have to agree , the 509 firmware is what make the adventure complete and any thing more restrictive is a step back, Special effects are cool but freedom to fly high - far and fast is also powerful. The phantom 4 P and the 509 that is a fantastic combination and provides the most fun.

Reactions: John Locke and OOO
I have to agree , the 509 firmware is what make the adventure complete and any thing more restrictive is a step back, Special effects are cool but freedom to fly high - far and fast is also powerful. The phantom 4 P and the 509 that is a fantastic combination and provides the most fun.

What restrictions were added after this firmware? The limits here in the UK mean I'd probably not even notice, but I'm curious.

What restrictions were added after this firmware? The limits here in the UK mean I'd probably not even notice, but I'm curious.
To be fair, it's not specifically the new mavics that are any more restrictive than the newest firmware for any dji bird in the lineups- at least not that I know about. It's a concern for those of us who have steadfastly held to earlier firnwares, as we've become quite spoiled with non-intrusive uninterrupted flight that has been forced on responsible drone pilots by the irresponsibility of other drone pilots. So in one instant I think yeah, I want a mp2 for sure, or a P5! But then reality sets in. The airspace above me is complicated in many areas. I spend a lot of time working through it responsibly on my own. Current dji software would at least drive me insane and at most, lose me working opportunities. It's a rare miracle I ended up with my p4p, an amazing bird, with great software. Switching or ditching for anything new? Not for me. And who caused it? Dji themselves. Ultimate irony.

Reactions: Jklovell
I just picked up the P4P v2 in May, so tough to justify another drone purchase. Would like to get the Mavic Pro 2, mainly for travel photos and flying in cold temperatures. Specs state it is good to -10c. (14F).

I don’t see any value in switching. Smaller form factor is fine, but outside of that, the Mav 2.0 has only caught up to the Phantom in terms of camera features and functions. While some of the software features are nicer, they are not sufficient improvements in of themselves to justify the cost of purchasing a new drone.

So, if I were new to the market, I might go with the smaller form factor. Although, more then likely, I would go with a discounted Phantom as its price will now come down and its feature set is as good as the new to market and therefore not discounted Mav 2.0.

Just economics really.

Nup, I doubled up with batteries etc when I bought a P4P in addition to the P3A. I'd have enough gear to start my own store. Besides, like the P's for higher winds etc.

Reactions: OOO
Keeping the camera aside, are there any other advantages of the P4P over the Mavic 2 Pro? I have read the Phantom is more stable in windy situations but there is no conclusive demonstration of that. Or is there?

I bout a P4P about a week ago. I have not opened it yet but am a bit concerned that they will be EOL'ing the P4P. I am considering sending it back and getting the P4Pv2.0. However, the price I paid for the P4P was hard to pass up. I'm struggling to shell out an additional $500 for the V2.0. Any major or significant advantages of the V2.0 that would justify the price?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31