Will this cheap case fit a P3?

Reaction score
I had one of these..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131297846016?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It fitted my Phantom 2 Vision Plus OK but I sold it along with my Phantom 2V+

I'm thinking of getting another one (as it's cheap and for now better than the cardboard box the P3 will come in) but do you guys think it will fit the P3?

Does anyone out there have a similar bag/case that they've been using for a Phantom 2 Vision Plus that they're now using for their P3?

Good question.
I have the same case and was wondering.
I think the drone itself is ok, maybe some foam needs a knife taken to it for the remote.

Good question.
I have the same case and was wondering.
I think the drone itself is ok, maybe some foam needs a knife taken to it for the remote.

For the money I think the Fancier KingKong 40 takes some beating at £40, although it hasnt got a foam insert but has got plenty of room for a lot of other bits and bobs.

I just want something to use for now - I prefer a padded foam as the KinkKong is more nylon and "gives" a bit more if you see what I mean. This cheap one gives quite a lot of protection and is not expensive so it won't be a problem cutting the foam to fit the TX in as I think the bird will fit in the same space cutout as the P2V+?

Just ordered a similar one ebay no. 311319010109 which is £30 and free postage from China.

Just seen an image of a shop selling this case with the new controller in place.

The just squeezed it into the existing cutout.

here
case.png

Does anyone out there have a similar bag/case that they've been using for a Phantom 2 Vision Plus that they're now using for their P3?
Replying to make a note and I'll let you know on Saturday (5/2) as I have that case for my P2 and my P3 arrives Saturday.

Just as a note.. the top part of the should straps do easily pull out of the pack. Mine started to do this on one side. I simply sewed them and they should be rock solid now.

Attachments

• 20150423_160757.jpg
    20150423_160757.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 464
Last edited:
Has anyone actually fitted a p3 in to the Fancier KingKong 40 back pack, other than the guy with a p3 wanta be

yes it looks as if it should be ok ... but want to be sure before I order one and blow 40 quid on a new lunch bag if it does'nt

The P3 _will_ fit into this case. I have one for my P2 and the P3 fits just fine. I has removed a little of the foam from under the landing gear already though. There is one difference... the P3 controller will not fit in the same cut out. People are now selling this pack on ebay with the correct cut out for the P3 controller. It runs about $60USD with free shipping.

I do like these packs. They are not as robust as some of the other backpacks but those run about $300. I wanted something that I could keep my entire set up in and it would still be easy to carry out to a launching spot.

20150502_160447.jpg

Has anyone actually fitted a p3 in to the Fancier KingKong 40 back pack, other than the guy with a p3 wanta be

yes it looks as if it should be ok ... but want to be sure before I order one and blow 40 quid on a new lunch bag if it does'nt

+1...... I want to make sure the P3 fits before I pull the trigger

The P3 _will_ fit into this case. I have one for my P2 and the P3 fits just fine. I has removed a little of the foam from under the landing gear already though. There is one difference... the P3 controller will not fit in the same cut out. People are now selling this pack on ebay with the correct cut out for the P3 controller. It runs about $60USD with free shipping.

I do like these packs. They are not as robust as some of the other backpacks but those run about $300. I wanted something that I could keep my entire set up in and it would still be easy to carry out to a launching spot.

View attachment 18392

Where can I get that much batteries? :) Do you know anywhere that has them?

My pv2+ backpack looks as though it may fit the P3, mine is a bit different from the ones pictured above,will let you know when it arrives. :)
2vajqmu.jpg

Got the Fancier KingKong 40 in today. After some messing around with the inserts I got the P3 settled in nicely. It's definitely a snug fit and I opted to add in some air packs for extra padding around the quad. Here's a pic with everything packed including my Nexus 7 2013 on the right and my Surface Pro 3 in the laptop sleeve. Still plenty of room for the extra batteries whenever they might arrive.
IMG_20150504_214501.jpg

Reactions: Captain_Bob
ok, got my drone this morning.

yes it DOES fit ok.

I did cut a bit of foam off for the remote to fit.

the drone is slightly taller but can still put the top padding in place and zip it up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic