WiFi distances

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have the phantom 3 standard.
I have flown around my home with my little drone. Now I want to go down to my local river and make some video.
Do I need WiFi connection to do this.
I have the dji go app running on my I phone6 plus.
Thanks

Do I need WiFi connection to do this.
Wi Fi on the standard is only between the aircraft and the RC. It acts like a mobile hot spot. You do not need any internet connection to fly, however you will not get maps unless you cache them first.

Wi Fi on the standard is only between the aircraft and the RC. It acts like a mobile hot spot. You do not need any internet connection to fly, however you will not get maps unless you cache them first.
how do you cache the maps,thanks?

how do you cache the maps,thanks?
While connected to the internet, zoom in and out on the area you will be flying. Close the app and disconnect from the internet. The maps should then be available when you fly. Do not reconnect to the internet and open the app again. The maps will be cleared, but you can always repeat the process when needed.

What about these extenders for a better single?? Do any of these work?
I am new at this drone stuff.
I am afraid to let the drone out of my sights.
Does this thing really return to hame if the remote singles lost. Omg

Reactions: grego122
While connected to the internet, zoom in and out on the area you will be flying. Close the app and disconnect from the internet. The maps should then be available when you fly. Do not reconnect to the internet and open the app again. The maps will be cleared, but you can always repeat the process when needed.
thank you so much

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor