Wichita, KS Phantom Flight Demo - Are You Interested?

Reaction score
I've been spotted on this user group board as a Wichita, Kansas drone flyer by a few local people interested in the Phantom. One asked to tag along on a flying session. It could be even more fun with more people, so if you are in the Wichita area and have a Phantom, or want to check out the Phantom in person, I would be willing to put on a demonstration and let people get an up close experience with a great product line.

I am not a dealer, just a happy DJI customer, and if you have an interest in buying a Phantom it might be a good chance for you get up close with one.

Here are a few more Wichita shots from P3 or P2V+ flights.

DJI_0021.JPG
DJI_0024.JPG
DJI_0010.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0025.JPG
    DJI_0025.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 591
  • DJI_0071.JPG
    DJI_0071.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 711
Lau, great to meet you. I hope weather cooperates next week with a nice sunny day. I need to post one of my pictures from today and see if Wichita folks can ID the location. Lau, you can't guess, because you were there!!

DJI_0116.JPG
DJI_0116.JPG
DJI_0103.JPG

Reactions: Lau
Nice, I live down in ark city but have family in Wichita, Newton and Hutchinson! It would be cool to all get together sometime [emoji3]

I've been spotted on this user group board as a Wichita, Kansas drone flyer by a few local people interested in the Phantom. One asked to tag along on a flying session. It could be even more fun with more people, so if you are in the Wichita area and have a Phantom, or want to check out the Phantom in person, I would be willing to put on a demonstration and let people get an up close experience with a great product line.

I am not a dealer, just a happy DJI customer, and if you have an interest in buying a Phantom it might be a good chance for you get up close with one.

Here are a few more Wichita shots from P3 or P2V+ flights.

View attachment 21081 View attachment 21084 View attachment 21085
Great photos!

Wichita, Kansas Drone Fly-in Invitation

How about June 27th at 11am? I am proposing those interested in flying their own Phantom, or watching other invited people fly their own drone of any brand, come to this local event in North Wichita, near K-96 and Oliver Street. I will give a short presentation to non-owners and discuss issues they should consider before buying and flying drone, and I will hand out and talk about a checklist to use for their flight activities. I'm not an expert, but I will be bringing a Phantom 2 Vision (no gimbal version), a Phantom 2 Vision+ (first gimbal version) a P3A, P3P and a friend might bring his Inspire 1 to fly.

We could fly for a while, then go to a near-by BBQ or Sandwich Restaurant about 1-1:30PM and talk about drones. The photos and videos look so much better on a large computer monitor, if you want to take some videos or stills home, please bring a microSD card and we will put it in and get a few videos and stills with you in them. I hope the weather and wind are good, and the temperature is not too hot.

Our flying location is just north of K-96 near Oliver Street exit. I'll post details to anyone wanting to come. The area has quite of bit of open, non-residential flying area and no airport issues if we stay below 400 feet. I'll have access to restrooms, and there are good restaurants in the area.

You can join this new FaceBook page if you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/WichitaDroneClub

DJI_0029.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Moore
If you can believe the Saturday weather forecast that is published on Tuesday morning, it should be decent weather on Saturday, only 88 for a high! But the weather in KS can be tricky, so now we have to wait for the "wind velocity" forecast! In Florida, they board up the windows if a 60mph wind is coming, and in Kansas, we send our kids outside with kites to play.

I grew up in Southern California. The Santa Ana winds there can be insane!! But infrequent and predictable. The wind in Kansas.. it just BLOWS! Thats one thing that has most likely prevented me from ever getting decent at flying helis. The Phantom though... It does AMAZING!

Reactions: Stan_in_KS
Weather is looking pretty good for the 1st EVER Wichita Drone Fly-in. Not sure if anyone will show up though. I have talked to one Inspire 1 pilot who may fly, and another Phantom Vision pilot may give it a whirl. I've posted an invitation on FaceBook and on the Wichita Amateur Radio Facebook page. Drones are tiny ham radios that fly! Hope a few interested parties show up. They might get some stick time. Look at the map below to find the spot.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...74,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x51cd32f3e7f347d6

The weather is perfect for this time of year, cooler at 72 right now, and no wind. Hope a couple more people show up, but it will be nice to meet you Steve. You are an active poster on this site. I've got my batteries charged for the P3P, P3A, P2V+ and P2V. They threw me a curve when they updated the IOS Pilot App last night late, and told me, it won't link to older firmware. I had avoided updating the P3A because of the complaints and the old firmware seemed very stable. My P3P started being unstable after the update, and I did the IMU calibration, and it seems to be better.

Was nice to meet those in the field today. Only having experience with phantom size quads I was really impressed with the performance of the inspire. Thanks for the invite.

Edit. I was looking forward to meeting your copilot as seen in your avatar pic. Ha!

Reactions: Steve Moore
It was great weather and I made some new friends! We flew but the videos are pretty boring. I'll try to post some air-to-air drone footage. Next time we should get them all in the air at the same time for a group photo!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31