Why have separate sites for Mavic and Phantom?

Well so we can keep adding sites .
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.24.19 PM.png

ms-PLn78C.gif

Nodoubt to improve user experience by limiting the number of potential messages has to wade through that may not apply to the device the user flies. Yes it’s not perfect but it works well imho

Reactions: Loz and umanbean
Personally, I think it's pretty annoying. When I'm online perusing the drone forums, I don't want to have to switch to completely different websites just to talk about slightly different drones. Also, they could simply have all the drones under one site but on different forums within the site. That way you don't need to sign up and log in for every single one. Also, there is huuuge overlap in forum threads because of the multiple sites. You can find some topics that have a thread going talking about basically the same thing in a bunch of the various Pilots sites. If they were all condensed into one, there wouldn't need to be as many threads and there'd be far less redundancy. So if there's a vote, which I don't think there is, but if there is, my vote is to consolidate all the pilot sites. There's really no need for more than one.

I personally prefer separate sub-forums.
I use Tapatalk, and can choose which sub-forums show up. (Maybe it works that way on a computer too, I don't know)
I'd prefer to not have a bunch of mixed up threads, with one person asking about his P3s, and have someone piping in about how it works on a Mavic.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'd prefer to not have a bunch of mixed up threads, with one person asking about his P3s, and have someone piping in about how it works on a Mavic.

That's the crux of it right there.

Separated by model = better organized = less confusion

The forum separation is fine, but if I were designing from scratch I would link them to the extent that membership worked across all of them. Having to register usernames on each one seems unnecessary, and possibly detrimental to ensuring that information is disseminated across the different sites, especially when a significant number of topics are cross-platform.

I think the audience and opinions of owners of these different models should be kept seperate too.
I signed up to the Inspire forums because there're extra opinions and thoughts I value by operators of those drones, not because I own one.
Personally when I think of Mavics, I think of some guy flying around thinking they're pro with disregard for any rules.

The forum separation is fine, but if I were designing from scratch I would link them to the extent that membership worked across all of them. Having to register usernames on each one seems unnecessary, and possibly detrimental to ensuring that information is disseminated across the different sites, especially when a significant number of topics are cross-platform.

That would make things alot easier for members.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom