Why did they false advertise?

Reaction score
The DJI Pilot App doesn't have a simulator. Chatted with customer service and they said it will be quite some time before an update is released. Man that was a reason I got the P3.

The DJI Pilot App doesn't have a simulator. Chatted with customer service and they said it will be quite some time before an update is released. Man that was a reason I got the P3.
Naaaaa...that was just the excuse ya gave your mate so ya could get the P3 bro o_O Ya ain't fooling us ;)

I think the guys are just playing with you Phantomstud1, don't take em too seriously.

Welcome to the Forum,
We can help you find things to do with your P3 till the simulator comes out. ;)

Writing software is hard. It always takes more time than you think, even if you realize this at the start.

I think the guys are just playing with you Phantomstud1, don't take em too seriously.

Welcome to the Forum,

Welcome to the Forum,
thanks, it's not about the sim- it's about the fact that DJI tends to release things half you know what initially. Frustrating--

I have a hard time understanding how a thread like this gets created to begin with.

Pretty much 99.9% of those that put their selves in line to get a P3 this early on are those that are true hardcore phantom enthusiast that are on top of their game with knowing what's going on with these units.

I really think he already knew about the waiting period on the firmware. He just got bored and wanted to see if he could draw someone like me out to toot the dinga' ling horn. lol!

It's been mentioned quite a bit that the iOS version if the app has the simulator, the android version will get it later.
I am also looking forward to it, but in no way is it a deal breaker.

I am a total noob and when I saw that feature thought "that looks cool" . That is as much thought as I have given it...... Now not having the IOS app ready that's another story...:mad:........ Bird turns up Tuesday so it better be ready.... Pleeeeaaaaaassssseeee...;)

OK - let's look at the title of the thread ' false advertising

To me that would imply...

Claiming something a product could do but turns out in real life life it does not do as advertised.

The Sim issue is far from this. The IOS DJI Pilot app has a working sim for the Inspire. It works well. However the latest version of IOS software that is on general release does not work with the P3. Why? Because it needs updating to work with the P3 and needs additional enhancements such as the ability for editing the videos. This updated version of DJI Pilot has been written and sent to Apple. Awaiting Apple approval before release into the app store. It may require several updates before all the functionality will be available.

Is this false advertising? In my opinion it is rushing things and trying to meet tough deadlines. The Technology market is a rat race which is constantly evolving. DJI could be accused of pushing the envelope but to accuse them of false advertising regarding the availability of the SIM on release of the hardware is extremely harsh. Give it some time and DJI will add more functionality than initially advertised.

false advertising? Nope, just DJI being DJI...
images_zpspxr1qnag.jpeg

It's not false advertising, because there is no such law where DJI is based.. They can tell you anything they want until their claims start to affect product sales... The IOS based Simulator will be there soon enough.

thanks, it's not about the sim- it's about the fact that DJI tends to release things half you know what initially. Frustrating--

Then cancel the preorder. We do not want you unhappy.

Reactions: Buzz313th
The 3dr solo will have the simulator on the start...

Then go buy it.. How do you even know the solo will even do what they claim. A month out and no raw video... Enough said.

Reactions: Buzz313th
I have heard that they are still working on ironing out a nice smooth gimble... Plus, my guess on the automated modes is that it's just marketing fluff... Sounds great on paper, but a skilled operator will be able to be much more precise since it's completely reliant on GPS resolution for spot on start and end marks....

All these people talking trash about the release of the P3, well, at least it has been released and is getting into the hands of the customers. Is there, and will there be issues... yes, but even apple has new release problems, it is a huge undertaking. The Solo is still vaporware as far as ANYONE having one to test, and I am betting most of those supposed oh so wonderful things it can do is just marketing. I had my P2C for 1.5 years with not one issue, added long range antennas and was happy, did it have latency issues, you bet, but was the best thing out there. I hear from a beta tester that the final version of the Pilot app is going to make a lot of people happy, especially those that like GS functionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers