Why did my controller need recalibrating?

Reaction score

So as you can see it was bleeping like mad. This has never happened before. I was flying with litchi then I hovered the P3A and switched to DJI GO then it started bleeping.

I even turned off the drone, controller and rebooted the phone. Even relinked the drone and RC.

still same noise. Luckily I found out I had to recalibrate the sticks. Scary stuff as I hope that this doesn't happen in mid flight.

Like to point out also that I could still control the bird when it was hovering. Was switching from litchi to DJI GO the problem as it was in the air?

Or is my unit busted? Hope not as I had a glitch yesterday where the battery RTH is set at 30% but it started at 35%

Hope it's not a problem as this is my 3rd drone in 2 months that I exchanged. (1st was a P3S I exchanged due to wifi issues, 2nd was a P3A I exchanged due to gimble issues and now this)

Feedback very much appreciated [emoji6]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mostly the sticks calibration is due to hardware drift. A bad stick calibration will make it difficult to control and you may not leave RC unattended which I do many a times when my friends are with me. Hardware drift might occur if you don't use RC for long and thus minor drifts can be calibrated/ compensated by the calibration procedure. RC is not totally digital, it's analog and digital and you might get drifts in analog circuits.

If you are not able to calibrate perfectly, it's time to contact DJI.

Don't know if there are other issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4