Who's using 2.7 and higher

Reaction score
What kind of computer power are you using to run 2.7 and higher resolutions. I have a new iMac six months old upgraded processor upgraded video card still can't run 2.7 ..... what does it take

Does it take a certain kind of video editing software to run the 2.7 or higher?. If a 09 MacBook can run it I should be able to run it easy I would think. Any other IMAC on here running 2.7 is higher

on ha hackintosh and can play 2.7k no problem. comp is about 2 years old, i have a late 2012 retina mbp and that can also play 2.7k fine.

Garysam said:
What kind of computer power are you using to run 2.7 and higher resolutions. I have a new iMac six months old upgraded processor upgraded video card still can't run 2.7 ..... what does it take

I think a little clarification is needed here. A GoPro can record in 2.7k, or 2.7k ProTune. There's a big difference.
My late model 15" Retina MacBook Pro will play 2.7k no problems, but playing a ProTune version it drops frames.
So, posters need to specify which codec they're having problems with (or not) while playing back on Mac or PC.

on both the real mac and the hackintosh i use quicktime to just view files, and FCPX to edit, although VLC works a bit better on the real mac to view the files

nzvideoguys said:
Garysam said:

I think a little clarification is needed here. A GoPro can record in 2.7k, or 2.7k ProTune. There's a big difference.
My late model 15" Retina MacBook Pro will play 2.7k no problems, but playing a ProTune version it drops frames.
So, posters need to specify which codec they're having problems with (or not) while playing back on Mac or PC.

Protune or not, the same codec is being used - h.264.

2.7 protune raw wb, no problems on late 2013 base 13 retina and a imac. The what makes the difference with protune is not codec it's the bit rates higher which give the stuttering and that's because the graphics card can't render it.

Photomcmillan said:
2.7 protune raw wb, no problems on late 2013 base 13 retina and a imac. The what makes the difference with protune is not codec it's the bit rates higher which give the stuttering and that's because the graphics card can't render it.

My point exactly. There is a difference between the two codecs. So, people need to specify which one they're having problems with.

Hi
I have an IMAC, a few years old now, I bought some extra RAM to take it up to 20GB(simple upgrade to avoid the more expensive option of Apple doing it) small trap door under the screen.
And I use Final Cut Pro and it handles three GoPro video files shot in standard 2.7k as a staright import etc(3 X 3.95gb).
Cheers

I have a 2013 MacBook Pro Retina and have no problems playing and editing 2.7k Protune files. I always shoot in that mode and am happy with the results.

Garysam said:
who cares its all the same go pro codec.... :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl