Which P3A board actually stores the firmware?

Reaction score
I am having the device not detected error for everything except the camera and gimbal. I Need to order whichever board is going to fix that error ASAP if not sooner.

I assume the camera and gimbal is found because thats where the sd card plugs in, so the next component inline would be the OFDM Module? Would a faulty module throw the device not detected error?

This is my first P3A, so bear with me on the dumb questions...

Is the vision position system supposed to make sound from the speaker?

Which P3A board actually stores the firmware?
All of them.

I am having the device not detected error for everything except the camera and gimbal. I Need to order whichever board is going to fix that error ASAP if not sooner.

This error, in cases when it's caused by software, seem to emerge when camera FW is updated to a version incompatible with the rest of the drone. New camera board is one of the ways to fix it, but only if the new one will have compatible firmware. Another way is to up/downgrade your camera to a version which can talk with the rest.

If this is hardware error - then it's probably faulty connection between camera board and the rest of the drone.

It was one of the cables. got the firmware fully updated, but now there is a beeping sound coming from one of the motors. and if i turn it slowly by hand the volume of the beep changes.
I switched motors with the opposite corner and both motors in the one location have the beeping sound. Does this mean its the esc? I lifted the center board enough to access the SD Card underneath. Maybe something didnt get fully seated under the main center board?

there is a beeping sound coming from one of the motors
Motors and speakers are similar; you can use motor as speaker with some smart driving. This is why ESCs usually announce error states this way.

This seem like a connection problem between ESC and the MC; unfortunately they're connected by board, not by wires - you will probably have to replace the board, unless you're good enough in electronics to locate the issue.

You should now access flight logs; but best would be not by removing the card, just by entering flight logs transfer mode in DJI Go.

I was afraid of that. So if a motor beeps, the ESC to that motor has failed, correct?
I went to the logs but had a tough time trying to figure out what to do with the .dat files. I was able to pull up a log that looks like a colored line jumping all over a map. The problem is the map is of my place, but the P3A was sent to me from back east, I've not yet flown it locally. Can anyone suggest better software to look at the .dat files?

Thanks for the help by the way!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT