Which P2 Kit is better in your opinion?

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am interested in purchasing a Phantom 2 Kit from DSLR Pros and I'm having trouble deciding on which of 2 kits to buy. Here are the choices:

1. Sundance Cinema Kit: $2,800. http://www.dslrpros.com/brands/sundance-aerial-kit.html

Comes With:
DJI Phantom 2 Go Pro Aerial Rig
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal (3-Axis gimbal pre-installed and tuned)
DJI Self-Tightening 9" Props (set of 4)
DSLRPros 9" Carbon Fiber CF Props (set of 4)
DSLRPros 9" Prop Guards
DJI On-Screen-Display (OSD) - provides basic flight data over FPV Live Stream
DSLRPros Futaba D8FG Radio Transmitter (for Long Range, Reliability & Special Advanced Control Profiles)
Deluxe DSLRPros Radio Tx Lanyard
DSLRPros LiPo checker
1 DSLRPros Long Life 2600 mAH LiPo Tx Battery
DSLRPros TXS-8 Pro LiPo Charger
3 Total DJI OEM 5200 mAH LiPo Batteries
2 Total DJI Flight Pack Charging Blocks (Required to reduce charging times via parallel charging)
DSLRPros P2 Tough Case with pre-cut foam (L22.8" x W18.3" x H11.7")
Integrated 5.8 GHz Long Range Diversity FPV System (7" HD Field Monitor, Long Range Diversity Rx/Tx, Pole/Panel Antenna)
DSLRPros Fire Safe LiPo Guard Bag

2. Cleveland Kit: $2,000 http://www.dslrpros.com/dslrpros-products/dslr-drone-kits/cleveland-quadcopter-kit.html

Comes With:

DJI Phantom 2 Go Pro Aerial Rig
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal (3-Axis gimbal pre-installed and tuned)
DJI 9" Props (set of 4)
DSLRPros 9" Carbon Fiber CF Props (set of 4)
DSLRPros 9" Prop Guards
Deluxe DSLRPros Radio Tx Lanyard
2 Total DJI OEM 5200 mAH LiPo Batteries
1 Total DJI Flight Pack Charging Block
DSLRPros P2 Tough Case with pre-cut foam (L22.8" x W18.3" x H11.7")
Integrated 5.8 GHz Long Range Diversity FPV System (7" HD Field Monitor, Long Range Diversity Rx/Tx, Pole/Panel Antenna)
DSLRPros Fire Safe LiPo Guard Bag
Gopro 3 ND Filter set

I like the idea of getting the update transmitter (Futaba) even if I go with the Cleveland Kit (extra $500). Are the extras in the Sundance Kit worth it? I also see the Cleveland Kit has ND Filters. Since I'm till new to the scene, how important are they?

Thanks for the advice and opinions, I greatly value your opinions on here!

I'm seeing a $800 difference for a $279 controller and $69 iOSD Mini and doesn't even come with a GoPro.

For a rookie, I don't even think you'd need any of it. Although the Futaba does increase range and enables a couple of new features not found in stock, I think you should ask yourself if you're willing to be an advanced flyer. :lol:

The ND filters are really pricey (like $120), but people do recommend them for various reasons like it removes propeller shadows (i totally forgot the word for it, lol). Video here.

But anyways..

Here's my build:
Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D = $959
GoPro 3+ Black = $300 (craigslist deals, lol)
AVL-58 = $209 (or $99 + $20 for Tx and antenna only.. don't really need receiver since Black Pearl has it built-in)
Black Pearl FPV Monitor = $229 (actually got it for around $180 from classifieds section here)
iOSD Mini = $69
FPV Hub = $14
Total comes to around $1780 (aka cheaper) and requires no soldering and a just a few installations under the hood.. Installed everything just plugging it in and mounted with mounting tape. :lol:

Also, I paid around $128 for my hard case.

Totally up to you though! :lol:

If you're just contemplating between the remote or not, I think it's really good to have over the stock controller.

Hope that helps! :lol:
(I don't think I did.. lol... but I wrote all this anyways and there's no turning back now!)

UrAwFuL said:
I'm seeing a $800 difference for a $279 controller and $69 iOSD Mini and doesn't even come with a GoPro.

For a rookie, I don't even think you'd need any of it. Although the Futaba does increase range and enables a couple of new features not found in stock, I think you should ask yourself if you're willing to be an advanced flyer. :lol:

The ND filters are really pricey (like $120), but people do recommend them for various reasons like it removes propeller shadows (i totally forgot the word for it, lol). Video here.

But anyways..

Here's my build:
Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D = $959
GoPro 3+ Black = $300 (craigslist deals, lol)
AVL-58 = $209 (or $99 + $20 for Tx and antenna only.. don't really need receiver since Black Pearl has it built-in)
Black Pearl FPV Monitor = $229 (actually got it for around $180 from classifieds section here)
iOSD Mini = $69
FPV Hub = $14
Total comes to around $1780 (aka cheaper) and requires no soldering and a just a few installations under the hood.. Installed everything just plugging it in and mounted with mounting tape. :lol:

Also, I paid around $128 for my hard case.

Totally up to you though! :lol:

If you're just contemplating between the remote or not, I think it's really good to have over the stock controller.

Hope that helps! :lol:
(I don't think I did.. lol... but I wrote all this anyways and there's no turning back now!)

No actually it does help a lot thanks! I'm looking to fly it for my father's film business (I know about the rules) but don't know much about installing various items (or how difficult it is). The thing I like about DSLR Pros kit is that they do it all for you and test it in flight before it's shipped.

Thanks for letting me know that its worth getting an update remote/transmitter. The futubalooks great, has the smooth panning feature and some others that I'm learning about. Good call on the ND filters, do you happen to know of any good ones?

As far as the kits I listed go, it seems as though for $800, you are getting the futaba (it says $500 but you say $200), 2 extra batteries, and extra charger, and some other minor things (although it doesn't include the ND filters). If you had to pick between the 2, which would you pick? I like the idea of making it cheaper obviously with adding a bunch of individual parts from other sites, but also like how everything would be included together and put together.

Thanks!

I think I would go with the Cleveland kit and add the OSD and Futaba which gives you the total of $2,642.00.

The only thing you're missing out on from the first kit (from what I'm seeing) is an extra battery (around $129) and rechargeable batteries and charger for the Futaba but I'm not sure if that is included with the add-on. The add-on description is non-existent so I would ask them about what is included for the extra $525.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT