Which is the best drone

Reaction score
I'm a first time pilot and have been deciding on which drone is the best for me. I have narrowed it down to three drones the Phantom 3, the Mariner 2, or the 3DR solo. I would like another opionon on which of these three drones would be the best. Be aware I plan on flying over body's of water. Thank you :)

Love my Phantom - it is easy to read some of the negative comments and get confused. In my opinion, most of the fly aways could be avoided by limiting range and altitude to reasonable amounts and proper care and preparation. Phantom 2 Vision + was good and the camera was acceptable, not perfect. The phantom 3 is better than the P2 V+ and the camera, especially the lens is improved but not comparable to a "real" 4K camera. The bit stream on the P3 4K is no higher than it's bit stream on 1080 P. That said, I love them both. I have no experience with other brands but do have experience with the Inspire1 and it is great.

I agree , I had blade 350qx2 ap and this is now like a Lamborghini upgrade from a mustang . I love my p3 had no issues yet because I don't fly out of range

I think you're going to find most of us on Phantompilots.com are going to say the Phantom 3... and I am no exception. I think the Phantom 3 has nearly everything I would want and I am assuming/hearing it will eventually get waypoints. I have a Phantom 2 as well and have had a great experience with that.

The closest to the p3 I've found is the Yuneec Q500. The Q500 is really stable and actually better than the p3 in wind. It's let down is the camera. The solo looks good but is twice the price of the p3! If you are spending $2000 then you might as well buy an inspire!

Reactions: Buckaye
The closest to the p3 I've found is the Yuneec Q500. The Q500 is really stable and actually better than the p3 in wind. It's let down is the camera. The solo looks good but is twice the price of the p3! If you are spending $2000 then you might as well buy an inspire!

Yeah I had the same opinion of the Yuneec Q500 - and when it came right down to it... I was used to the Phantom platform....

Thanks for the help guys and I think that the p3 is the right copter for me :)

No one (outside the company) has flown the Solo yet, so it will be hard to get reviews or comparisons...

I'm a first time pilot and have been deciding on which drone is the best for me. I have narrowed it down to three drones the Phantom 3, the Mariner 2, or the 3DR solo. I would like another opionon on which of these three drones would be the best. Be aware I plan on flying over body's of water. Thank you :)

This is the SECOND Phantom that I own. The P3p was a great UPGRADE from the P2. Minor gliches on both machines but that is with anything this sophisticated. The Phantom 3 is easy to fly. Takes off and lands all by itself. The best GPS positioning system. Camera is great.

The one that is able to float seems like a good option if used a lot over water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20