Which beaches in NJ drones are allow

Reaction score
The title says all, does anyone know which beaches in NJ are allowing to fly drones?

Last edited:
There aren't local rules. They were reversed because they weren't legal. If it's a legal airspace to fly go for it.

Ocean city is non controlled airspace. Just have to watch for muni airport. Where are you looking to fly

Nope, I am just flying as a hobby. But I saw in the news that NJ are not too friendly with drones. I am located in Philadelphia. I am planning to go to the beach but I will going to the one that allow people to fly drones.

Last edited:
If there are no signs saying otherwise I'd fly until told not to.
The problem with that though is the risk of getting a ticket. I remembered couple of years ago that Ocean city does not allow to bring in small dogs to the beach. I was surprised when a police patrol told me about it. They are so restricted it in every little thing.

As of now the OC ban has been removed ...but you should just be careful with all the low flying planes with the banners I was out flying a few weeks ago and they were in the 250-300ft range so I didn't do anymore flying I usually wait till before dusk or early

Reactions: macoman
As of now the OC ban has been removed ...but you should just be careful with all the low flying planes with the banners I was out flying a few weeks ago and they were in the 250-300ft range so I didn't do anymore flying I usually wait till before dusk or early
Thanks for letting me know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj