Where to from here?

Reaction score
I have an old P3S with 3 batteries and a Gannet Bait dropping accessory. I am thinking of ”where to from here?”. It has its limitations range/signal/camera and out of the mapping class drone space. Will not get much for the P3S and most likely keep it as a fishing drone. Now the question - where to from here? Phantom Pro or a Mavic (which Mavic?). I need a drone with good camera, easy flying, compact and good range! at my age and flying experience I need all the technological assistance I can get. Any suggestions?

I have an old P3S with 3 batteries and a Gannet Bait dropping accessory. I am thinking of ”where to from here?”. It has its limitations range/signal/camera and out of the mapping class drone space. Will not get much for the P3S and most likely keep it as a fishing drone. Now the question - where to from here? Phantom Pro or a Mavic (which Mavic?). I need a drone with good camera, easy flying, compact and good range! at my age and flying experience I need all the technological assistance I can get. Any suggestions?
Same boat but younger (to hard to work out years lol),,well myself hear in the grapevine the mavic uses different flight app,unsure if better or worse I not own one but I dont want to learn anymore info to remember from another app ,stubborn or lacking brain power I'm not sure what it is but I'm still learning the djigo4 and djigo platform and thought I knew a bit but still ever learning what these things can do,,I must say the p4 range of drones are good and tend to fly more than the p3, the p4 has more than enough on board to use ,can do anything but backflips and plenty of features,,just my opinion but sure most will agree phantom 4 lightbridge technology is fantastic, power is awsome ,range is good,camera works well even though I still learning this area after years,it just dont stick in my head,info in one eye and out the other lol,,I think since you have flown the phantom,,stick with the phantom,,I would like a mavic to compare one day but can see the phantom very strong contender for my future,,good luck in what you decide,,we dont know things until we try ;)

Reactions: Capt KO
I need a drone with good camera, easy flying, compact and good range! at my age and flying experience I need all the technological assistance I can get. Any suggestions?
Mavic Air 2 would check off all your boxes. I haven't gotten one yet but many of my fellow Spark pilots have and they love it. Here's a link to a good spec comparison of the different DJI drones. DJI Consumer Drone Comparison

Fellow Phantom lover and Gannet fisherman. Glad you’re keeping the old bird. Owned several P3 and 4 and they are my favorites. Especially P4P’s. But I do enjoy my Mavic Mini for convenience. Wouldn’t buy another but other Mavics (M2P and MA2) would be tops on my list of future purchases, new or used. M2P best as get what you pay for.
Good luck, have fun, stay safe.

Thanks once again to all comments. Considering that I am keeping the old P3S (just like my old 20year old Toyota Land Cruiser - SYGNUS) it seems that the Mavic Air 2 is the best all round portable drone for me! I am impressed with it all round.

Thanks once again to all comments. Considering that I am keeping the old P3S (just like my old 20year old Toyota Land Cruiser - SYGNUS) it seems that the Mavic Air 2 is the best all round portable drone for me! I am impressed with it all round.

I have been flying a P3P since it came out. I just got my Mavic Air 2 today. It's really nice. I just made my first flight tonight at 11pm and in the dark. It is really stable. I can't wait to fly it during the daylight hours.

The only thing that's better on the Mavic side is it's portability. If this is your prime goal then get it.
All other things are on the Phantom side. Particular if you already used to fly with Phantoms.
I would change my P4P+ only for the new Phantom-x if there will be any but seems the chances are very bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers