Where to buy Lens

Reaction score
The Outer Lens on the P3 that looks like it screws on. Is there anyone who sells these besides DJI or Does DJI have them for a reasonable amount. Have one that has a crack in it. It appears that it screws off and could be replaced. It is a small crack apparently caused by debri when landing near small gravels. User Error.

Please post links if you find one on Ebay or other.

Reaction score
I think you are referring to the uv filter that is screwed on to the lens.
polar pro filters makes screw on filters for the phantoms. Give them a Google search. Not sure if they are cheaper than DJI.

Reaction score
I just ordered the ND4 from DJI, so I will post my results. I hope it's something I can leave on and not have to remove. I hope it doesn't make the video too dark ?? I'm a complete amateur as far as manual photography.
ND4 may not be too dark, even if ND8 or ND16 on fine days.
Here's calculation: on fine days straight light Ev = 13-14. P3 is fixed to F2.8 (Av = 3), and cannot lower the sensitivity under ISO100, so shutter speed will be 1/1000 - 1/2000 (Tv = 10-11). Jello effect won't be obvious more than 1/30 - 1/250, so we need 4-6 step ND filter, that's ND16-64. Of course ND4-8 (2-3 steps) would be much better, and in bright cloudy day (Ev 10-11) ND4 or ND8 is suitable. Darker than that (< Ev8-9, sunset time or bright office), not sufficient light w/F2.8 + 1/30 or 1/60 sec, then ISO increases so wearing ND is meaningless (change stock UV filter).

I've cut Fuji gelatin filter ("ND0.9" means ND8 or 3 steps), put inside the stock UV filter, and works very good. That's small tip of film, so I wanted another stock UV filter - if I have two, one be clean and one with ND... but more expensive....:(?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grothstevin