Where have you put your FAA number?

Folk who don't register have something to hide. There NEEDs to be accountability. Too many idiots flying above our heads.
They can look up anyone's on the FAA database & use it.

Can you please provide a link that supports this statement?

I have yet to find anywhere on the FAA website that will allow this. Please advise.

You may not be wise to show your full number dirty bird as others could conceivably use it! That's the main reason for mine being inside the battery bay (probably just paranoid but you never know)

I agree. Or report it if you piss the wrong person/group/ex wife/school/ect. off.

While we should ALL be responsible and agree that there does need to be a system in place to hold idiots accountable - you should also be cautious with the number until all the privacy issues are ironed out.

Scroll down to Q52 in the Privacy Section -

UAS Registration Q&A

Okay..so you proved my point. And there is still a window of opportunity for this to change in the future as the public set function still has yet to be put in place. But if we go based on the print provided as of today - Don't put your registration number on blast on the internet ;) (in other words, at least partially blur out your number) Unless you want your personal information to be seen by anyone on this forum or people hunting for a lawsuit by a false claim.

Q52. Updated: Who can see the data that I can enter?

A. The FAA will be able to see the data that you enter. The FAA is using a contractor to maintain the website and database, and that contractor also will be able to see the data that you enter. Like the FAA, the contractor is required to comply with strict legal requirements to protect the confidentiality of the personal data you provide. Under certain circumstances, law enforcement officers might also be able to see the data. In the future, the registration database will be searchable by registration number only, but not by name or address. However, it is not searchable at this time.

This is funny to me because we no longer have ANY privacy & the government has effectively eviscerated the 4th Amendment. Folks have succumbed to this lunacy under the false pretense of the government "protecting us."

The government tracks your emails, texts, web browsing history, call history, financial transactions, & location. NSA intercepts shipments & clandestinely infects your phones/computers with software that allows them to activate your camera, microphone, & GPS. For some devices they can even do this when the device is turned off. That little light next to the camera alerting you it is recording? It can be disabled....

The government quietly threaten manufacturers like Intel to install backdoor keys allowing access to your encrypted data. Some devices even have hidden cameras/microphones concealed behind their bezels that can be remotely activated when you don't even know the device has a camera or microphone.

The FBI, ATF, IRS, all of them are secretly performing warrantless data collection on 335 million citizens. They are preparing a fleet of some of the most sophisticated surveillance drones imaginable to fly over America & record uber-high resolution video that will be cataloged & stored in a massive data storage complex out west.

This is already being illegally exploited. Just last week the Obama Administration was caught ordering NSA to spy on private Congressional conversation with members of the Israeli government. Of course we will get the usual obfuscation & stonewalling from the Obama Admin. Many folks have some dark secret they'd rather remain private. Perhaps access to such information might explain why a Supreme Court Chief Justice might suddenly do a complete 180 & go out of his way to find a way to make an Obama program legal (Obamacare)?

NSA doesn't spy on us for any particular reason other than they can, & it has NOTHING to do with OUR safety. It has to do with the safety of the Government FROM us. Boston, Ft. Hood, Vaughn Foods, Garland, Chattanooga, UCM, San Bernadina....every single one of these case had prior information that SHOULD have raised a red flag. Yet not one was prevented. Why? Because when you have to wade through millions of terabytes of data on "everyone" it is easy to miss something right before your eyes.

So now that I've had my illegal & pointless government surveillance rant I'll just say that, in the scheme of things, I'm not too concerned about my FAA drone number being known.

I agree. Or report it if you piss the wrong person/group/ex wife/school/ect. off.

While we should ALL be responsible and agree that there does need to be a system in place to hold idiots accountable - you should also be cautious with the number until all the privacy issues are ironed out.

Ahhh you're one of those folk.

No offense but..
I didn't bother to read your post because that whole point of view I honestly don't care for. While things aren't perfect (I'll agree with you on that) that's just the nature of the beast when it comes to government. No government is perfect because at the end of the day it's ran by humans. And humans always have and always will abuse their authority and power one way or another, big or small. End of the day it all adds up to what you I'm sure rambled on about.

Simply put I tell folk this. You don't like it you are an American and can move to any other country you like. You really have no limitations!

Reactions: HMR and m0j0
Don't need to register in the UK so haven't put mine anywhere [emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I am one of those dreaded "extreme" folks who believe in liberty, the Constitution, limited government, the work ethic, self-sufficience, & personal responsibility . What a radical & outrageous concept!

So let me get this straight. If I don't like it what sheeple with their heads buried in their buttocks allow the government to get away with I can move out? Its sheeple like you who allow them to get away with this nonsense.

Don't write back I don't care for your views...

Ahhh you're one of those folk.

No offense but..
I didn't bother to read your post because that whole point of view I honestly don't care for. While things aren't perfect (I'll agree with you on that) that's just the nature of the beast when it comes to government. No government is perfect because at the end of the day it's ran by humans. And humans always have and always will abuse their authority and power one way or another, big or small. End of the day it all adds up to what you I'm sure rambled on about.

Simply put I tell folk this. You don't like it you are an American and can move to any other country you like. You really have no limitations!

Yes I am one of those dreaded "extreme" folks who believe in liberty, the Constitution, limited government, the work ethic, self-sufficience, & personal responsibility . What a radical & outrageous concept!

So let me get this straight. If I don't like it what sheeple with their heads buried in their buttocks allow the government to get away with I can move out? Its sheeple like you who allow them to get away with this nonsense.

Don't write back I don't care for your views...

Well considering I agree with you but don't.. I really don't think you are capable of understanding just where I stand on the issue ;)

Reactions: HMR
$6 for mine to be printed/shipped. Find my thread if you want link/size/details.

I put mine outside my helicopter. I guess I'm a bit more realistic than others with fear of their number being outside their bird. I have nothing to hide and I support the registration of the consumer aerial devices. It's called being an adult and responsible!!!

droneregistered2_zpsob9psnlq.png

droneregisterd_zpskxexv71o.png
Bvc we must think alike I put my lic on the landing gear all so. I used a label maker and it blended in very good with white.

I am using my AMA number in lieu of the FAA number. I don't plan on registering until the AMA has worked out the details on how I can register using the AMA registration procedure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31