Where are the solo vs P3 comparison videos?

Without the gimbal I would expect just videos about their orbit, follow me etc..which is what I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched one fly last weekend. With gimbal and gopro. Wasn't really impressed. Yea all the different modes are cool. Selfie mkde, follow me, cable wire etc etc. Drone maneuvered well in the high winds but when asked how far it can go the dude said "wellllllllll I've had it to um uh like 5000ft yea about 5000ft. Lying through his teeth. And for basically 2k once you buy a gopro. Not worth it to me

Reactions: jlo
Watched one fly last weekend. With gimbal and gopro. Wasn't really impressed. Yea all the different modes are cool. Selfie mkde, follow me, cable wire etc etc. Drone maneuvered well in the high winds but when asked how far it can go the dude said "wellllllllll I've had it to um uh like 5000ft yea about 5000ft. Lying through his teeth. And for basically 2k once you buy a gopro. Not worth it to me
Very soon you will have all that cool features in the p3 too...

I just figured somebody would have a comparison up on YouTube, like a Barnacules video or Irixguy.

I've only seen that chef guys videos. I hope we get those features soon, those would be very helpful when trying to film yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poi and waypoints will available in the dji pilot app.

What are you basing that statement off of? Two months ago Tahoe Ed said on dji forum there wouldn't be. Is there more recent data that says otherwise?

The videos will be the same quality as any other drone that can hold a gopro. Just means it's easier for a new flier to get nearly the same shots that an experienced p2 with gp4 owner can do but my money would be on the seasoned pilot pulling off better shots. Can't compare a gopro rig with a p3p anymore, apples and oranges.

Reactions: jlo

+1 I was there too.

Seems cool. I didn't like how the controller felt.

Reactions: Julius717
The videos will be the same quality as any other drone that can hold a gopro. Just means it's easier for a new flier to get nearly the same shots that an experienced p2 with gp4 owner can do but my money would be on the seasoned pilot pulling off better shots. Can't compare a gopro rig with a p3p anymore, apples and oranges.
Wasn't concerned with footage since there's no gimbal. Was thinking more along the lines of position holding, stability, responsiveness, speed...

until the gimbal is around for the solo very few will compare.
Here's how i see it tho:

Solos pros...
- solo is a little bit more flexible (no alt limit, you can remove it, customizable fw, you can downgrade, zillion flight modes, etc.)
- you can do flips and fly full manual with the solo, no problem
- more "smartshots"
- remote looks nicer, smaller (albeit gimbals on the stick arent great i heard..) an has a pause button (sounds smart!)

Solo cons/P3 pros...
- solo is a lot more expensive than p3(p even)
- p3 has a light, proven gimbal
- p3 is proven (yes, arducopter is proven but not the solo software and theres a zillion issues reported already)
- p3 is smaller, fits in smaller backpack
- p3 is readily available

For me, if you want a great 4K camera that just works the P3/P3P is a no brainer. Its cheaper and better.
If you want more flexibility, the Solo seems like a very good potential alternative once they ironed out the quirks, even thus is expensive.

Heck without Solo I bet the P3 would have been more expensive ;) At the same price I'd go Solo myself.. at current price, I went P3P without second thoughts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.