When you sell your bird, do you....

Reaction score
When you sell one of your drones, locally, do you demo the whole kit and kabboodle for a potential buyer?

I have been wow'd by my new Mavic and therefore parting with my trusty and loyal P3S. The ad went up in craigslist today and now I am wondering how best to share with a potential buyer the drone's good condition.

Sometimes the demo helps you close the sale, especially with a buyer who may be apprehensive about buying something he/she perceives to be difficult to fly.

If I were selling mine and it was 100% I'd be sure too demo it......... It will allow you to get top dollar as well as settle any questions a potential buyer may have.

I bought a P4 on CraigsList and had the guy demo it. Since I was upgrading from a P2V+ I was even able to fly it.

I've both bought and sold 2nd hand Phantoms and as a buyer I wanted to see it fly as well as hear it etc... I was upgrading, had plenty of experience with DJI birds so I knew what I was looking for . If the seller wouldn't agree to a demo flight then I would move on to the next.

As a seller of my pre-loved Phantom I wanted to treat the buyer the same way I expected to be treated so I would include in my add that I was happy to demonstrate it . You can understand people (myself included) being skeptical about second hand flying machines. One of the first questions asked is always "why are you selling it" the second is "has it been crashed " . A good demo flight proving all functions helps alleviate any concerns.

Last edited:
Another advantage to the demo might be that there can be no later argument that the AC wasn't airworthy at the time of sale.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT