Wheeled or non-wheeled case?

Reaction score
I wanted a wheeled one because a vast majority of my flying is done within 200 feet of my back door. So I carry it/wheel it to where I fly. Plus I do take it some places and it's nice to be able to pack stuff on the case and use it like a dolly

chuddly said:
I wanted a wheeled one because a vast majority of my flying is done within 200 feet of my back door. So I carry it/wheel it to where I fly. Plus I do take it some places and it's nice to be able to pack stuff on the case and use it like a dolly

+1

I have the Tradecraft case and it meets carry-on specs for most airlines although I have not flown with it... yet.

I normally have to walk a few hundred meters to get to the places I want to shoot. That normally entails picking my phantom by an arm, with props already on to save time, then with lanyard put my tx over my shoulder, spare battery in my arse pocket, tablet in other hand, btw all these were just sitting on the passenger seat in my van beside me with the seatbelt kind of holding the phantom. I then proceed to grab the right skid of the phantom, carefully turning it upside down and then walk swinging my arms, with a spring in my step while I whistle a tune and have a grin on my face. Now thats how we transport our phantoms round here ;)

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
I normally have to walk a few hundred meters to get to the places I want to shoot. That normally entails picking my phantom by an arm, with props already on to save time, then with lanyard put my tx over my shoulder, spare battery in my arse pocket, tablet in other hand, btw all these were just sitting on the passenger seat in my van beside me with the seatbelt kind of holding the phantom. I then proceed to grab the right skid of the phantom, carefully turning it upside down and then walk swinging my arms, with a spring in my step while I whistle a tune and have a grin on my face. Now thats how we transport our phantoms round here ;)

I see absolutely no problem here at all lol

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

That's seriously my preferred method as well. If it's a farther hike I use a normal backpack and strap it onto the back by the landing gear with everything else in the pack. Have to watch that it doesn't get caught on a branch when you go through thicker areas.

I have a case that I use when I have to pack it in with my bicycle or luggage or something. It's too bulky to hike very far with it in the case and I don't think I've ever gone over terrain for more than a short distance where wheels would work.

I have the Tradecraft case for normal use but as far as i can see it is 2 inches taller than British Airways allows (my wife says that 2 inches makes all the difference.......no idea what she is on about??).

As i am flying to Malta in August i have just ordered the Go Professional backpack http://www.goprocases.com/visionbackpack-limitededition.aspx as i defo want the vision on the plane as hand baggage and not in the hold (they chuck the luggage around you know). The backpack is at the limit of hand baggage and i am now just waiting for it to be delivered from the good ole U.S of A !

I think I am going for the non-wheeled case for the simple fact that I am tall and the handle is fairly short. The case pops me in my right heel when walking. It's noticeably larger than the non-wheeled case. After having these two HPRC cases in my house for a few days and there is no way I'll be considering a different case. These things are like a Ferrari (and Italian made). They almost look hand-built. Love quality gear and this is definitely in that category.

Thanks for the comments.

Any cases for phantom with prop guards yet? Would like a case for my pv2+. The camera is more fragile when moving in my truck. Plastic clip holder for cam seems to work loose.

backpack! My Vanguard Uprise II 48 rocks, fits everything super nice. multiple batteries, props, tools, fpv screen.. bout the only thing I couldn't fit would be prop guards but I don't use those anymore

I just received 2cases and they are both wheeled. Glad I did. Once you fill the cases up you have some serious weight.

ProfessorStein said:
Third option... backpack.

My GoProfessional Cases backpack was expensive but I love it even though it is rather bulky.

Just rode a bike 20 miles with it on my back this past week to go shoot a surfing event here in Orange County, CA.

We'll be taking it to Hawaii later this year and it should do well as a carry on with my laptop in the top pocket.

Phantom2_wMonitorPlugs_WM.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1