What's the weirdest or most unusual thing you caught with your drone?

This probably isn't that unusual but it seemed odd when I saw it. I was flying around a train yard and while editing, saw train cars moving without any engine...just by themselves. After some searching I learned that this was a "hump yard" where a train backs up on a hill. They unhook a car which rolls down the hill by itself. They can electronically switch which track it goes to allowing them to organize the various trains in the yard. You can see it at 2:20m.

Geo

I REALLY enjoyed your video! Was this a P4 or P4P? Also was this all manual control and not autonomous? The flying speed, turns, and gimbal control are excellent!

I REALLY enjoyed your video! Was this a P4 or P4P? Also was this all manual control and not autonomous? The flying speed, turns, and gimbal control are excellent!
Its a P4. There were two flights. The first one over the large yard was a programmed mission using Litchi. It was 12 minutes. Then, I relocated and flew manually. The side views, the backwards flight over the tracks, and chasing the train was all manual. Thanks for the kind words.

My first “mission” video was 16 minutes over water to capture a bridge. Nearly a three mile round trip. I spent 2 weeks building the mission and was puckered up the whole time it was flying! This is the edited version while the full version is also on my channel.

Geo

Last edited:
Its a P4. There were two flights. The first one over the large yard was a programmed mission using Litchi. It was 12 minutes. Then, I relocated and flew manually. The side views, the backwards flight over the tracks, and chasing the train was all manual. Thanks for the kind words.

My first “mission” video was 16 minutes over water to capture a bridge. Nearly a three mile round trip. I spent 2 weeks building the mission and was puckered up the whole time it was flying! This is the edited version while the full version is also on my channel.

Geo

I suspected Litchi! I’ve had some great results from using that software as long as you thinknthe path through. Well done. I have a P4 also. I feel “less-than”’the P4P peeps but I can get just as great of footage. Did you slow your gimbal speed down or were you just really light on the controls? I tend to go too fast or not that cinematic smoothless rotate that I want.

I’ll subscribe to your Channel...would you do the same? Fishbone4u

Thanks friend!

Geo

Awesome bridge video! You kept a great distance but I am too freaked out about the rules to not fly close to important infrastructure like bridges but you were not going over it or close where you could clip a cable. I have het to fly over anything but a pond. You are brave!

Awesome bridge video! You kept a great distance but I am too freaked out about the rules to not fly close to important infrastructure like bridges but you were not going over it or close where you could clip a cable. I have het to fly over anything but a pond. You are brave!
Yeah, I wanted to fly it real bad but every time I went out and looked at it I thought, no way! Then my son said hey, it’s no big deal. So I made him go with me for support. I was so happy when it came back and I landed it! Yes, I have the yaw slowed down, everything else is default.

Geo

Last edited:
Reactions: charlieb4
Yeah, I wanted to fly it real bad but every time I went out and looked at it I thought, no way! Then my son said hey, it’s no big deal. So I made him go with me for support. I was so happy when it came back and I landed it! Yes, I have the yaw slowed down, everything else is default.

Geo
How do u slow down a yaw? Can that be done with an P3se?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT