Whats the biggest difference?

Reaction score
Aside from the camera, is there a significant difference between the two to justify the price difference? I'm debating on upgrading to the standard but considering the 4k version if it's worth the price difference.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You can't shot with 60fps in Standard. You got VPS and better remote in 4K (same as Pro/Adv but without the lightbridge). I heard the current firmware in Standard is problematic. So far I'm happy with 4K.

Here are some other differences:

P3S: 1,000m max distance, 720P live view in DJI GO, no VPS
P34K: 1,200m max distance, 480P live view in DJI GO, VPS

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Is there a significant noticeable difference between 2.7k and 4k video?

Last edited:

I think that depends on you. If all of you monitors and/or TVs are 1080, then you literally can't see a difference. Also, if you have a 4K monitor or TV, but no hardware that can support 4K output, you can't see a difference. If you edit video, you will have more disposable pixels for cropping without compromising resolution too bad if you're into that aspect.

Basically it's up to you. If the frame rate is super important to you, go with the 4K. There are some technical differences between the sensors I can't elaborate on because it's beyond my stock knowledge.

As a P3S owner, I would actually recommend buying the Advanced. It seems to me the Advanced and the 4K are evenly priced at this time and the Lightbridge tech is superior. At the time I bought in, the price differences were larger and the 4K wasn't an option. If i were going to buy in now I'd go with the advanced.

The best bang for your buck is to get a P3 Advanced. It has 5x the range with Lightbridge vs the Wi-Fi of the P3S/P34K. A P3A is the same price as a P34K so, IMHO, the P34K makes no sense. As far as 2.7K vs 4K video, 4K video files are massive &, unless you have 4K equipment & a relatively fast & new computer, you won't see much difference. Personally I generally record in 1080 because I am uploading to YouTube.

Reactions: WilliamM
l don't think you'll get any better answers than that!

Reactions: Pharm
The best bang for your buck is to get a P3 Advanced. It has 5x the range with Lightbridge vs the Wi-Fi of the P3S/P34K. A P3A is the same price as a P34K so, IMHO, the P34K makes no sense. As far as 2.7K vs 4K video, 4K video files are massive &, unless you have 4K equipment & a relatively fast & new computer, you won't see much difference. Personally I generally record in 1080 because I am uploading to YouTube.

This^^^

I bought a P3 4k about a week ago. I regret not getting the advanced, although the P3 4k is very good so far.

Somehow, the price of Advance is higher than 4K by about $150 at my place.
Yes it retails for $799 here, $200 more than the 4k. Anyone know where there are deals on the advance?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

This^^^

I bought a P3 4k about a week ago. I regret not getting the advanced, although the P3 4k is very good so far.
You'll be fine the 4k's a good bird! Before long you'll want 1 of each like l do
bouncing-smiley-emoticon.gif

In fact, all my mods can be carried to any models now. What you said might happen to me soon. Heck, I can even get an Inspire or even Yuneec. But nah, Phantom 3 has the best value for money atm.
l'm havin a ball w/ the standard. Amps r fun! Beats the Pro in the same direction

Reactions: jeganx
l'm havin a ball w/ the standard. Amps r fun! Beats the Pro in the same direction
You mean stock Pro vs boosted Standard right? What if you boost your Pro? Amps indeed are fun. They shrug off interference like a boss. I have also been thinking, since less people use 5.8Ghz indoor wifi, is that means you got more solid control in a city/dense suburb?

Yes, stock Pro. It still has that new drone smell and I don't want to mess with it yet. I literally only run the standard 3 times w/ the new setup and only got 1.4 miles but it was a very polluted area. And l still have alot to learn about distance running.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor