What's the best orientation of the second antenna?

Reaction score
So yesterday I received my FC40. Yay! :D Now I have to wait for the prop guards which were out of stock to arrive before I can fly it. :cry: They have been shipped. I hope they will arrive tomorrow. :|

First a bit of info for the many interested. The transmitter has model designation PVT581 and yes... the second screw above the CE/FCC one DOES control the X1. I saw the indicator move in the Assistant with my own eyes when I turned it. So future gimbal control with the lever upgrade IS possible.

That said I wonder how best to stick the two antennas to the Phantom. One down a leg... but the second one too or should I tape it horizontally along the body? The manual says: "Fix antennas and 5-pin cable on both landing gears by using the white adhesive tape."

However... I've read that you should place them at a 90 degree angle for best reception in all orientations.

Any advice?

Theoretically, it depends on the antenna diversity scheme being used. You should try a few distance tests with the antennae both parallel and perpendicular, I'd be very curious to hear the results. Currently, mine are in the parallel configuration as recommended in the manual, but it would make sense if they were perpendicular based on whether you were flying above the transmitter or parallel to it, yes?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik