what's the best Caribbean island to take a drone to from the legality perspective ?

Reaction score
I'm planing on taking vacation and would like to hear back from people that went to one of the Caribbean islands with a drone and had great experience flying it. Hassle free. What are the most drone friendly islands that are not restricted by taxes, duty etc? If anyone can point me in a direction please let me know below.

So let me more specific on my potential choice of places. As of right now I was thinking about going to either Cayman, St Lucia, St. Martian, St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos Island. As much as price matters I rather pay and go to semi private family place (resort) where I don't have to deal with governmental individuals (but I won't go to a place where I have to pay $5 for bottle of water, it's not just about water but the service extortion practices) that their main purpose in life is to make someone's life miserable or as equal as their life is. So to avoid people problem as we know knowledge is power therefore I want to listen people's suggestion and recommendations what the best place is for family vacation. A family that wants to document beautiful views and time spent.

So let me more specific on my potential choice of places. As of right now I was thinking about going to either Cayman, St Lucia, St. Martian, St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos Island. As much as price matters I rather pay and go to semi private family place (resort) where I don't have to deal with governmental individuals (but I won't go to a place where I have to pay $5 for bottle of water, it's not just about water but the service extortion practices) that their main purpose in life is to make someone's life miserable or as equal as their life is. So to avoid people problem as we know knowledge is power therefore I want to listen people's suggestion and recommendations what the best place is for family vacation. A family that wants to document beautiful views and time spent.

Consider Puerto Rico, it's a great place, no hassle to bring your multirotor along.
Beautiful countryside with beaches, mountains and site seeing and not to forget it's people.
Plenty of places to stay at like you are looking for. Marylee by the Sea in Guanica, San Jacinto for example.
Best of luck with the search for the right place......

Reactions: CANEKiTA
thank you for your input I definitely have to look into it and I think since PR is part of USA there will be less or maybe no problems with flying the drone in respectful way.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico. You can fly right into Cancun, take a ferry to the island and fly basically unbothered.

Jamaica twice no problems at all...

Cuba it's the best in many ways but that's right no drones allow ... I wonder if I can hide the mavic in my scuba stuff... can some one try and let me know ? Lol

I have a trip coming to punta cana and I'm still confused if I need any kind of permits ....

I've flown in the DR (Punta Cana) and just came back from Bermuda. Bermuda > DR 1000%. Most were curious and didn't say anything. I have had a worker at the hotel I stayed at ask for some footage in Berm.

Check out my videos on Youtube!

Reactions: Habanero

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav