What's going on with these antennas?

Reaction score
LIke most of you I watch and read everything Phantom. I noticed that there is an alarming number of "pilots" who seem to have absolutely no idea how to properly adjust the antennas. Even in a lot of the DJI tutorials, antennas are almost always pointed outwards like a V. I see ton of YouTube vloggers with crossed antennas or pointing straight out! What's the deal? I understand that not everyone pours over the manual like some of us, but man it's like 70 percent on YouTube with some wacky set up. Also most videos, even people who get sent early crafts to demo, say DGI. Sorry for the dumb rant but it's crazy how much I see these things.

Reactions: Pharm
Here's a good how-to for anyone that finds your rant ;)

Not silly at all. I gripe about the "ignorant general public" all the time. Too many people don't want to put in the effort to learn. As I say, "they don't know anything and they don't WANT to know anything." I try to teach any student I have that attention to detail is CRITICAL. A pilot can't just say, for instance, "I think the RTH function will bring it back if I fly it way over there." That pilot better darn well KNOW if it'll come back and HOW it'll come back. I've seen the same videos. Some of them are made by "pros". The really disheartening part is that the ignorant masses follow them. I'll watch 'em but I've always been a "trust but verify" kind of guy.

I know how it is.... Was doing a shoot at a public event and another flyer who I found out that it was about his 10th flight and was on full FPV.... NO line of sight and nearly collided with me and also was flying and hovering over spectators.... No clue about rules....

Anyway he had his antenna pointed straight out.... Total hack newbie...

I fear when the Mavic floods the market with all the newbies we will really get some bad press... I'm almost glad the Mavic and Karma are missing the holiday season... At least so far...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj