what will the blade size be?

Reaction score
i would like to know the proper blade size on the P3 so i can buy some carbon fiber blades before it even gets to my door. but i cant find any mention of it from any of the distributors

i would like to know the proper blade size on the P3 so i can buy some carbon fiber blades before it even gets to my door. but i cant find any mention of it from any of the distributors

Why?

What is your experience with them that makes this necessary?

Most here will say don't bother while only a few would disagree.

on the older models carbon fiber blades were used because they were lighter, (although obviously it doesn't make a huge difference) stronger, better balanced (which makes less work for motors= more battery life). i assume it would be the same for the P3

Lighter, Ok.
Stronger is not necessarily better as the flex is a design feature and they're more dangerous as a result.
Better balanced- not what others have reported.

Reactions: Fplvert
on the older models carbon fiber blades were used because they were lighter, (although obviously it doesn't make a huge difference) stronger, better balanced (which makes less work for motors= more battery life). i assume it would be the same for the P3
Older models o_O

Welcome to the forum, Protohype.

Since the P3 is the same size as the P2, I'd guess they use the same props.

I used to be a fan of C/F propellers, but when DJI came out with Thrust Boosted 9450s, that's all I use. They are quieter and much safer than C/F.

As far as prop balancing, the two sets of plastic 9450's I got were spot on, while every C/F propeller was off quite a bit.

I'd use the stock props before trying C/F.

I used to be a fan of C/F propellers, but when DJI came out with Thrust Boosted 9450s, that's all I use. They are quieter and much safer than C/F.

As far as prop balancing, the two sets of plastic 9450's I got were spot on, while every C/F propeller was off quite a bit.

Dawg ...I was told last nite their not the same props as they have different hub's but that's just what I was told :confused:

Dawg ...I was told last nite their not the same props as they have different hub's but that's just what I was told :confused:

Heard the same.

Reactions: dirkclod
Size is the same, but he hub design is different.
There are not replacement props available from DJI, as of yet, and we will be even longer for aftermarket options.

There are not replacement props available from DJI, as of yet, and we will be even longer for aftermarket options.
That sucks for us newbs! I imagine I might need a pair on the first day! o_O

the phantom 3 is going to be slightly smaller than P2

the phantom 3 is going to be slightly smaller than P2
So much misinformation .
The P3 is exactly the same size as the P3.
The landing gear is a little taller and wider.
For any newbies thinking propguards are a good idea.
Experienced flyers recommend you don't use them.
Propguards significantly handicap your Phantom's performance, show up in frame and cause more problems (crashes) than they prevent.

The hubs have been designed specifically for the new P3 motor. The P3's flight characteristics are much more sharper and refined and hence the chance of a prop-pop-off is much higher. The Inspire had this concern - when inspire came to a halt, some of the motors would spin down so fast that the props would come off. They have resolved this by using prop locks. Hopefully DJI has learnt from that and corrected it in the P3.

Reactions: Fplvert
So much misinformation .
Propguards significantly handicap your Phantom's performance, show up in frame and cause more problems (crashes) than they prevent.
o_O;)

So much misinformation .

What's your problem Dirk? Meta4 is correct on the very first line.

The P3 is EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE AS THE P3.
The stuff about propguards is hogwash though.

Now, I think that's funny. No offence Meta4, thanks for the laugh. ;)
We will think opposite as far as the prop guards, at least for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Yes, if you check the specifications on http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3
The top shell looks to be interchangeable if measured diagonally.

DJI has changed the landing gear slightly between P2, P2+, and P3. Other than that, the frame size remains the same.

I'm glad DJI is retaining the perfect sized drone. I'll have the Pro one day.

Good luck, Protohype!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic