What the heck??

Reaction score
Well this is just nuts.

1596434429923.png

D

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I skimmed through all that and never saw what is was they were selling.
Sounds like RC transmitters that we’re overpowered or on the wrong frequencies. Drones, cars, boats, etc. Ouch
Also sounds like they were given opportunities to stop, but didn’t. Hard to have sympathy after reading the FCC response. Don’t know what damage the transmitters caused.

I skimmed through all that and never saw what is was they were selling.

While the .pdf doesn't name specific items, it's pretty clear that they're selling "over-powered" or "non-licensed" frequency devises. I believe this is because Hobby King probably sold a LOT of items outside the sanctioned FCC ecosystem.

D

Reactions: dirkclod
This is the reason why they here fined.

The FCC fined HobbyKing $2,861,128 for marketing drone transmitters that do not comply with FCC licensing rules. The website markets devices that provide a video link between transmitters mounted on unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and users flying drones.Jul 24, 2020.

Many of us who were flying P2 using 5.8 GHz transmitters/receivers for video were in violation of FCC regulations. That information regarding licensing the equipment was on the packaging. But HobbyKing was the one that got nailed instead of those of us who use the equipment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers