What makes a great video?

Answers
1. For your shots where you hike to the locations what essentials do you take with you?
A back pack with P3, Lenses, 4 batteries, props, controller, & tablet. Plus 1ltr of water, or if river, lake or spring water is available I will take a lifestraw and an empty plastic container along with whatever food I need for however long. I don't take any tools, chargers, or non essentials.

2. When you are obtaining the shots are you reviewing them on iPad or tablet before going on to next shot? Constantly.
What apps are you using? Litchi or DJI go
Do you have a check list in your mind of shots to obtain before you leave?
If I know where I am going, but some of the best shots are surprises

3. What pre production camera settings are you using most often (regular partly sunny day)? Really depends on the amount of sun and time of day. I use a set of rainbowers lens filters and change them for different perspectives for all shots. I may have to land and make lens adjustments maybe 3 times to get the exact shot needed from the air. ISO 200 or auto to begin generally. 1080p/ 60fps always for .mov
What software do you use to edit? Power Director 12
How much time do you spend making a 2 minute video from 2 hours of raw footage? 2 hours will produce 15 to 20 minutes normally. I shoot a shot and go to the next - so 2 hours of footage is a lot of planned video.
Many times I will get 12 minutes out of 15. Multiple ground cameras can be a must.
Phantom 3 Advanced/ Rainbowers Pro filters
Sony Alpha 6000 DSLR with Sony SEL55210 Zoom
2ea - JVC GZ-HM450AU with clear zoom 28 to 32 of 40. 28 preferred and 40 is too grainy.
Assorted Velbon tripods to 78"

Reactions: Noble 1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik