What is the highest battery temp allowed?

Reaction score
Hey All

I know that it is recommended to start flying, when battery is on 25C.
But what is the highest allowed?

In the DJI Battery Safety Guidelines, DJI warns that the battery could catch on fire and/or explode if used in temperatures above 50°C (122°F).

I just looked at my log from my last flight on a warm sunny day. My battery started off at 27c and by the end of the flight it was at 56c. Almost 60c which I pulled it from the drone and it was hot, like insanely hot to touch. I didn't do it right away as I was carrying it back but if you fly on a hot day, I would suggest pulling the battery right after landing to let it cool, don't leave it in. I'm going to be doing that from now on.

This is why I prefer to fly in the mornings - either early morning or mid morning - in the summer. The battery temp is almost always cooler than the air temp at launch, whether the air temp is 60F, 70F, or 80F. My battery usually lands with its temp in the 40s C. Once it landed at 53C, but that was because I left it outside (in the shade) for an hour while I charged the controller, and so it started at 80F (27C).

Bottom line is, you really don't want it to hit 60C from what I've read in other Li Ion threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20