what is the difference drone or RC

Reaction score
someone asked what is the guidelines on drones versus RC craft, the max weight for a drone no license is 249 grams, my new DJI 2 fits in this category.

my Phantom 2 is double this and requires a license but a RC helicopter or aircraft as Im told by RC guys does not and they are over the 249 grams by lots, if someone built a quad copter same as size as a phantom 2 is it a RC or drone

someone asked what is the guidelines on drones versus RC craft, the max weight for a drone no license is 249 grams, my new DJI 2 fits in this category.

my Phantom 2 is double this and requires a license but a RC helicopter or aircraft as Im told by RC guys does not and they are over the 249 grams by lots, if someone built a quad copter same as size as a phantom 2 is it a RC or drone
It's a quad (Drone)

Both drones and RC craft fall under the definition of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)--there is no distinction between the two. All UAS weighing over 249 grams must be registered. If you add anything to your Mini 2 such as higher landing gear, prop guards or a heavier battery from a Mavic mini you will be over and should register your drone. Please visit faadronezone-access.faa.gov and www.faa.gov/uas for more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20