What happens if you fly P3 Off a Cliff?

engage.gif

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
There, now I know. Are you too good to explain your opinions? You sound insulted.

There, now I know. Are you too good to explain your opinions? You sound insulted.
When Steve post a fact he generally can back it up. That is why he said, and I quote "You should know better than to ask me for substantiation." :D

While we encourage debate and discussions, we want to remind everyone participating to keep in mind the forum guidelines when you craft your replies.
http://www.phantompilots.com/pages/communityguidelines/

Reactions: dirkclod
Beg to differ, no one here has a resume posted thus we don't know who they are or their background. If there are persons with super user- don't-dare-question-me status perhaps someone should post a list. If the forum administrator wishes to ban me, he can. I see much more crude and abusive behavior here than questioning "expert"opinions.

Simmer down, no need to get upset. I saw you were fairly new to the forum so you may not have seen many post from Steve. There are many different people here from different places and cultures, and many different backgrounds and knowledge levels. This is after all the world wide web. The best advice I can give is to not take anything on the net personally. If you don't like someones post... pass it by. If you see a post that is outside the guidelines just smash the report button and we'll do the rest. The forum has a great wealth of knowledge so it is worth sticking around.

What would happen at the Grand Canyon would be that a ranger would kick you out for violating the no fly zone take off or landing policy in a National park. :D

Last edited:
What would happen at the Grand Canyon would be that a ranger would kick you out for violating the no fly zone of a National park. :D
Not all of the Grand Canyon is a National Park. But I was assuming the OP's question was hypothetical.
There is no "No Fly" zone at National parks. Only the FAA can create a no-fly zone, and there is not one for the National Parks.

A policy memorandum from the National Park Service director directs superintendents nationwide to prohibit launching, landing, or operating unmanned aircraft on lands and waters administered by the National Park Service.

Since the National Park system does not control the airspace above the park, you can take the chance of taking off outside the park's boundaries and flying over the park, you'd better hope that your craft makes it back safely outside the park again. If you take off or land on park property you can be cited by a park ranger with a hefty $5000 fine and possibly 6 months jail time.

The FAA has no rules regarding National Park airspace except for air tour operators. (National Parks Air Tour Management Act of 2000 is codified in 14 CFR part 136.). There are a number of Advisory Circulars regarding noise levels, but no rules for non-commercial flight.

Not all of the Grand Canyon is a National Park. But I was assuming the OP's question was hypothetical.
There is no "No Fly" zone at National parks. Only the FAA can create a no-fly zone, and there is not one for the National Parks.

A policy memorandum from the National Park Service director directs superintendents nationwide to prohibit launching, landing, or operating unmanned aircraft on lands and waters administered by the National Park Service.

Since the National Park system does not control the airspace above the park, you can take the chance of taking off outside the park's boundaries and flying over the park, you'd better hope that your craft makes it back safely outside the park again. If you take off or land on park property you can be cited by a park ranger with a hefty $5000 fine and possibly 6 months jail time.

The FAA has no rules regarding National Park airspace except for air tour operators. (National Parks Air Tour Management Act of 2000 is codified in 14 CFR part 136.). There are a number of Advisory Circulars regarding noise levels, but no rules for non-commercial flight.
Now come on Steve. You know I made that comment as a joke. Everyone knew I meant you could not take off or land from national park lands. I did specify national park lands in my post. I also corrected my vernacular.
thumbs_up-1294.gif

Everyone knew I meant you could not take off or land from national park lands.
I write my replies as if a newbie comes across it in the future. A takeoff or landing prohibition does not make a no-fly zone, though many cities would like it to mean that.

I write my replies as if a newbie comes across it in the future. A takeoff or landing prohibition does not make a no-fly zone, though many cities would like it to mean that.
Are you kidding steve ? "comes across it in the future " There will be another topic started tomorrow on the same thing :D
Think I will go start one now about putting a gun on a quad...and do it in P3 :eek:
just kidding.jpg

Goes back to what I (tried) to post. I don't know that you could get all the way to the canyon from a legal launch point. The NP is a BIG area.

Goes back to what I (tried) to post. I don't know that you could get all the way to the canyon from a legal launch point. The NP is a BIG area.
Some of it is under Native American control. You could ask the tribal council for permission.
I believe it is the The Hualapai Tribe and the The Havasupai Tribe.

There's a few places where the National Park is less than a mile wide - just the river. All of the Grand Canyon is not a National Park - just most of it.

Are you kidding steve ? "comes across it in the future " There will be another topic started tomorrow on the same thing :D
Think I will go start one now about putting a gun on a quad...and do it in P3 :eek:
View attachment 25354

With a title like "OMG you should see this"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic