What does this battery data indicate?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Any idea what this means?
db01b628ec1aeef6d3daa62f021d5da9.jpg

It means that you've entered the low battery level of 25% in three out of the four cells. However, I'm not sure why the fourth cell isn't yellow as well since it is at the same voltage. Perhaps it only changes color if the voltage drops too far while under flying.

That's hot too for the battery. Dji spec for the battery operating temp is 40c max.

I've never seen my batteries get that hot.

Is the battery fully seated, did you hear both clicks? Check the data pins. After that keep an eye on it closely in case the battery is bad.

That's hot too for the battery. Dji spec for the battery operating temp is 40c max.

I've never seen my batteries get that hot.

You could be right. I would be surprised though if they put a separate temp monitor on each of the cells.

Both my advance and my buddy's pro p3 battery's run 50c which I think is really hot. It's been 100f outside here

I would like to know too. I did notice the other day under load 3cells were green and 1 was yellow I don't recall the voltages. All 4 of our batteries run this hot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 514
I would like to know too. I did notice the other day under load 3cells were green and 1 was yellow I don't recall the voltages. All 4 of our batteries run this hot

They should run cooler after 10 cycles or so... Draining them past 50% during the break-in period will make them much warmer after a flight and you even risk damaging their capacity. I finished my flight this afternoon in 80 deg weather with the battery at 45C @50% capacity.

It is winter time in Australia at the moment and my battery' temperature would get up to 48 C after around 15 mins flight time. The outside temperature is mostly 12 C - 17 C now. Wondering if the battery gets this hot is normal because of all included goodies such as VPS, Lightbridge?

Reactions: Tim_alabim
It is winter time in Australia at the moment and my battery' temperature would get up to 48 C after around 15 mins flight time. The outside temperature is mostly 12 C - 17 C now. Wondering if the battery gets this hot is normal because of all included goodies such as VPS, Lightbridge?

LiPo's will always get warm when a decent load is applied. The 'goodies' aren't really responsible for this load, but the motors are. All four motors probably consume around 5-6A when hovering and up to 25A when at full throttle. In other words, they're pushing a lot of juice, which generates heat.

LiPo's will always get warm when a decent load is applied. The 'goodies' aren't really responsible for this load, but the motors are. All four motors probably consume around 5-6A when hovering and up to 25A when at full throttle. In other words, they're pushing a lot of juice, which generates heat.
Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know. In this case, my temperature range is normal, isn't it? I also notice that P3 battery runs hotter than my previous P2 battery.

I got a very similar battery status page last Saturday when flying and my sister in laws place.

It was my 1st time flying there and did the compass calibration, everything was fine and i took off.

There is a really cool crane next door so I wanted to get some cool shots over it,
I waited about 30seconds just hovering to make sure everything was ok, had turned off VPS after a possible issue I may have had the day earlier (also maybe just scared from reading the VPS issues on the new firmware)

As I climbed up towards the crane i got to about 4m off the ground and got that same battery pop up warning. I came back and landed, and it said the compass needed recalibrating. I tried to recalibrate it but it failed saying to much electromagnetic interference, my wife thought it may have been a small electricity box close by, didn't look all that disruptive but maybe it was that, I then moved another 10m away and calibrated on some grass and all was fine.
Guess I was still a little gittery, so i ended up walking another 50 m away closer to the crane and then calibrated again and had a good flight with no further issues.

Not sure why that battery warning came up, perhaps it has something to do with the compass interference from high power line that in my case may have been burried.

Cheers,

Zander

Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know. In this case, my temperature range is normal, isn't it? I also notice that P3 battery runs hotter than my previous P2 battery.

Totally normal. The P2 battery is probably nicely worn in, which means there's less resistance within the cells, so they run cooler. Your most likely comparing a brand new P3 LiPo that has yet to be broken in. This means that the resistance in each cell is much higher than if it had already been cycled several times down to 50%. After a new LiPo has been cycled several times, draining them down no further than 50%, they will have a much lower cell internal resistance, which allows them to run cooler when pushing the same amount of juice.

Reactions: zincsoldier
Totally normal. The P2 battery is probably nicely worn in, which means there's less resistance within the cells, so they run cooler. Your most likely comparing a brand new P3 LiPo that has yet to be broken in. This means that the resistance in each cell is much higher than if it had already been cycled several times down to 50%. After a new LiPo has been cycled several times, draining them down no further than 50%, they will have a much lower cell internal resistance, which allows them to run cooler when pushing the same amount of juice.
Ah so that is the reason why. I didn't condition my battery for the first 10 cycles. Been running them down to 20% - 30% ever since. I would condition my second battery then. Thanks for your advise!

However. Is it risky to run my battery which always becomes 48C after 15 mins of flight time? The battery is still having 100% battery life on 26 cycle now.

"What does this battery data indicate?"

would have made a much better title

It is possible to edit thread titles. Not looking to get slammed, but if you want to, go for it. :)

Reactions: downshift
Just checked the battery status again. Weird that now with a lower battery, the cell voltage is higher than before. And it's saying that it has been charged again?! Looks like when I'm flying something goes wrong with the battery and when I'm not, everything is fine.
Yesterday:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435381043.064383.jpg

Today:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435380851.005830.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.