What do I need for an FPV Set-up?

Yes you got the wrong end when ordering not a problem you need something like in link this was just a quick search you might be able to find a better deal . Just a side note in the link $4.50 for one not 2 like in pic .
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CVQ3XLY/ref=pd_aw_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=415vAeFknWL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100,97_&refRID=1NXMB1AMXHVP4B2P6KA0

Thanks! Yeah I was not paying attention when I ordered the antenna's. I figured all was standard. I'll go check out my local hobby shop tonight to see if they have anything, if not I'll order it online. Sucks! I thought I'd have my FPV set-up complete today...LoL. This is one of those times I wish Radio Shack was still in business in my area.

Thanks! Yeah I was not paying attention when I ordered the antenna's. I figured all was standard. I'll go check out my local hobby shop tonight to see if they have anything, if not I'll order it online. Sucks! I thought I'd have my FPV set-up complete today...LoL. This is one of those times I wish Radio Shack was still in business in my area.

I hear ya... I had two RS stores in my area, now nuthin.... could have used them the past few weeks, building my own quad from scratch, needed a ton of stuff I could have gotten there...

I wish antenna connections were standard. I hope you made sure ALL of your antennas were either RHCP or LHCP...

I hear ya... I had two RS stores in my area, now nuthin.... could have used them the past few weeks, building my own quad from scratch, needed a ton of stuff I could have gotten there...

I wish antenna connections were standard. I your hope you made sure ALL of antennas were either RHCP or LHCP...

Ummm....No...LoL. I do know the Spironets I bought are are RHCP. The only other antenna's that I have are the stock ones for the Black Pearl and the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter. Where else do I need to check?

I guess until I can get the adapter, I'm okay with just using the stock antenna's right? I mean I might get the interference I know.

Ummm....No...LoL. I do know the Spironets I bought are are RHCP. The only other antenna's that I have are the stock ones for the Black Pearl and the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter. Where else do I need to check?

I guess until I can get the adapter, I'm okay with just using the stock antenna's right? I mean I might get the interference I know.

Just make sure that both antennas for the Black Pearl are SMA antennas. You can use the stock, but yea, you'll probably get interference if you did before. I've read that people do ok with stock, but not me...

So just to double-check, I ordered a pair of the Spironet antenna's. One goes on the Black Pearl (right) and the other goes on the P2 right?

Yes. All you really have to make sure of is the connector, and both the Black Pearl and Immersion have SMA Female connectors. I still have one of the SpiroNETs attached to my Black Pearl.

Cool thanks! Well I installed everything yesterday and found out the Black Pearl will not hold a charge. Works fine when plugged in. The seller is gonna send me a new battery. I guess its a known issue from what I've googled.

I'm reading more and more about the restrictions and laws with drones now or upcoming, its kind of disappointing. Maybe I picked the wrong time to get into this hobby :disappointed: .

Cool thanks! Well I installed everything yesterday and found out the Black Pearl will not hold a charge. Works fine when plugged in. The seller is gonna send me a new battery. I guess its a known issue from what I've googled.

Hmm... I haven't had a problem with mine so far, I'll have to check that out...

I'm reading more and more about the restrictions and laws with drones now or upcoming, its kind of disappointing. Maybe I picked the wrong time to get into this hobby :disappointed: .

I wouldn't worry about it. Keep flying until they actually finalize something, but we're talking about the Government, so don't hold your breath! lol... And even if you have to drive out a bit to fly, so what... enjoy it!! My 8 year old son and I have a lot of fun flying.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Okay....so I'm getting a gray screen thats just scrolling down. The flight data is showing on the screen though. I've tried different bands and different channels but getting the same thing on other bands and/or channels. I've tried in DIV, RX1, and RX2 and getting the same issue. Some screens are just static while others are the gray scrolling screen.

Am I doing something wrong?

FYI....using the stock antenna's on the 600mW and Black Pearl. Waiting on the adapter for the Spironet Antenna's

On the ImmersionRc 600mW....it came with the jumpers all in the on position. Read online to have #2 and #3 in the off position. I then put the Black Pearl on Band F, Channel 7 but still getting the scrolling gray screen. Both the gopro and Pearl are set on NTSC.

UPDATE....I'm such a doof...I needed to turn my gopro on....:p. On that note...are there any BEST settings for the black pearl??

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31