What case or backpack are you using

Im really torn between a backpack an a cheap hard case for $50 or so. I feel that the backpack would be easier to bring around.
Where did you guys get the foam insert?

Reactions: trigger2010
you guys are fancy! I am using a regular duffal bag that I stuck the cardboard insert that the phantom was in when it was shipped to me.

Reactions: isopro
I love the Microraptor Pro case!

Attachments

• phantom case.JPG
    phantom case.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 875
Reactions: Weathabee
Reactions: Walkers13
Nice backpack!

I've enjoyed GPC cases very much. Two hard cases and my trusty backpack, slightly modified for the P3 landing gear.View attachment 21113

That's what I'm using too. Like you, I modified it a bit for the landed gear and I eased the area around the arms for a slightly easier fit. I asked the GPC folks if they would sell just the foam insert for the P3, and they said they would:

Hello Joe, the foam sets will be available to purchase for $70 plus shipping. Please email us in about 10 days and send photos of your backpack to confirm it is a GPC backpack and we can place the order. Thank you​

That was June 2nd. I need to be on the road with it this week, so I just decided to modify the foam.

Reactions: Fplvert
I have Seahorse SE-920 case.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Steezynickel
Pelican 1510, had to have carry on size.
I've been wanting to get the Pelican 1510 myself--something that I could carry-on; however, according to the description on Amazon, the interior dimensions are 19.75" W x 11.00" H x 7.60"D. Isn't that too small for the Phantom 3, which seems to be over 11-1/2" in width (with props off)?

I've been wanting to get the Pelican 1510 myself--something that I could carry-on; however, according to the description on Amazon, the interior dimensions are 19.75" W x 11.00" H x 7.60"D. Isn't that too small for the Phantom 3, which seems to be over 11-1/2" in width (with props off)?
I guarantee it fits, the phantom must be slightly less than 11" because that's the dims on pelicans site also. I'll be adding 4 battery holes between the arms so I'll be able to haul 5 batteries. I think the P3 fits better than my P2 V+.
IMG_1973.jpg

I guarantee it fits, the phantom must be slightly less than 11" because that's the dims on pelicans site also. I'll be adding 4 battery holes between the arms so I'll be able to haul 5 batteries. I think the P3 fits better than my P2 V+.
IMG_1973.jpg
Good to know, Apparition. Guess the specs on the case are showing less than it actually is--unless my ruler is off when measuring my own P3Pro.

Just Ordered from our Friends Travis & Mike and the rest of the Team at www.advexure.com , I had the Back Pack on order but after careful consideration of my situation it would not fit my special needs.

GPCPhantom3Case-500x375.jpg

https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-case/

Protect your new drone with the first DJI Phantom 3 case made specifically for DJI’s new Phantom 3 Drone! The DJI Phantom 3 Case provides a custom foam experience. This case is designed with ample space to carry extended landing gear if needs, multiple batteries, chargers and all of your other accessories.

Features
  • GPC cases are the highest water-jet precision cut.
  • Custom foam is housed in a high end SKB military spec case used by military and industrial leaders.
  • Ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin
  • UV, solvent, corrosion and fungus resistent (MIL-STD-810F)
  • Complete gasket seal makes this case absolutely watertight (MIL-STD-C-4150J)
  • Automatic ambient pressure equalization value (MIL-STD-648C & IP67)
  • Resistant to impact damage
  • Molded-in hinges
  • Patented “trigger release” Locking Latch system
  • TSA recognized and accepted locks can be retrofitted
  • Stainless steel locking loops for customer supplied lock
  • Lifetime GPC Guarantee – GPC cases are built to last

Reactions: Fplvert
Good to know, Apparition. Guess the specs on the case are showing less than it actually is--unless my ruler is off when measuring my own P3Pro.
Just got back from a flight and measured it the 1510 is about 11 3/8" plastic to plastic, the P3 will just barely rub on both sides. I think they give dimensions with ~1/4" foam all around. It'll work.

Reactions: skyeboysteve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers