what are the regulations for Tenerife

Reaction score
Hi

I am going to Tenerife soon, what are the flying regulations?
Will i have problems at the airport? will the spanish police fine me or even worse confiscate my DJI phantom?

thanks

MARK

Tenerife is fine.

Normal restriction on flying, away from airports, over people, away from towns.

Etc, be worth checking on any NFZ on the dji map.

Just came back from tenerife. Drone was in checked luggage, battery was in hand case in a lipo bag. Nobody ask me about it at the airport (madrid and tenerife). DJI app asked me sometimes to confirm i had rights to fly in some zones. I printed the file attached and always carried it when i was flying

Attachments

• drone-spain.pdf
    624.4 KB · Views: 2,766
thanks for advice, so if I take on board my DJI hard case including 3 batteries ( one of which will be in the drone) will i be ok with the airport authorities ? how many batteries am I allowed to carry and is the lipo bag compulsory? ( i am asking because with the lipo bag the batteries will not fit in the case and I don't have any other luggage with me). Also when you went to tenerife where did you fly? did you go on the teide? :)

you will need to check with airline you are using about number of batteries.

If you have a good look on satellite images and street views you will get a good idea where to fly.

Yes i did fly in tenerife, lots of places, but not in airport zone, not in urban zone, not above people (oh yeah once, i did a fly over the sea and there were people swimming). I went to teide of course it's a must, amazing landscapes, we took the telepheric ( i advice you to reserve a fast pass online and choose early in the morning, after it's really crowded). I did fly in the Teide park, far from people, or in "lost" places, that is where dji go asked me if i had the rights to do so...i just check on youtube before, and there are a lot of people flying there. Concerning airport authotorities it can be different for each people, so what i say is what happen to me: nothing....

sounds great. I go often to Tenerife and i am looking forward to take my "baby" for a spin :)
will contact Easyjet and find out if there are any restrictions with the number of batteries...
have u ever lost connection with your drone in tenerife. if so does it come back home?

I did not lose RC connection but lose only gps once, it went in p-opti mode, i remembered it wanted to land right away, but i gave it throttle to go higher then push the RTH. what is strange is that when i look at the flight this day, it indicates that when i lose gps i still have 16 gps....
i must say i did not fly long distance and take risks....

You should remove the battery from the aircraft, terminals taped over and in a lipo bag.

I flew to the US last year through Manchester Airport, aftre fiollowing thesae guidelines, the only thing they warned me about was not to try and fly it onboard the plane!

From https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Before-you-fly/Baggage/Items-that-are-allowed-in-baggage/ :

Spare batteries for portable electronic devices containing lithium ion batteries exceeding a Watt-hour rating of 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh when carried for personal use.

No more than two individually protected spare batteries per person may be carried.

Each lithium ion cell or battery must be individually protected so as to prevent short circuits (by placement in original retail packaging or by otherwise insulating terminals, e.g. by taping over exposed terminals or placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch).

You should remove the battery from the aircraft, terminals taped over and in a lipo bag.

I flew to the US last year through Manchester Airport, aftre fiollowing thesae guidelines, the only thing they warned me about was not to try and fly it onboard the plane!

From https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Before-you-fly/Baggage/Items-that-are-allowed-in-baggage/ :

Spare batteries for portable electronic devices containing lithium ion batteries exceeding a Watt-hour rating of 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh when carried for personal use.

No more than two individually protected spare batteries per person may be carried.

Each lithium ion cell or battery must be individually protected so as to prevent short circuits (by placement in original retail packaging or by otherwise insulating terminals, e.g. by taping over exposed terminals or placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch).
Phantom battery is less than 100 Wh, it is 68 Wh and there is normally no quantity limitation, just what is reasonable.

This is great advice. Many thanks to all posts. I am flying smart wings through Prague to Paris from Dubai in 2 weeks so will take this advice and hopefully not encounter hassle. I intend to film in France then return here through Istanbul.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Guys, you can't fly in national park (Teide). Some guy just threatened me about 1000€ of mandate :f so be careful ;) of course nobody speak English so it's hard to defend yourself :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31