What are some real use ranges people are getting within P3?

Reaction score
what is the average max range people are getting with no modification to their P3?

Edit: I should add I mean for both fpv and control range

what is the average max range people are getting with no modification to their P3?

I will try a long range open area in morning but in city setting 105 ft up through trees and houses and over power lines (big ones) I got 2418ft and still going but went over to film brothers house with full hd by vision plus would to that also with fpvlr antennas but on 640 15fps
IMG_0789.jpg

I live in the Arizona desert and can fly my P3P out over 4 miles with no problems. The issue is the battery, when I get back it's around 5%. Not good for the battery or my nerves. As soon as we have a good windless day, I'm going to attempt 5 miles. Wish me luck.

I live in the Arizona desert and can fly my P3P out over 4 miles with no problems. The issue is the battery, when I get back it's around 5%. Not good for the battery or my nerves. As soon as we have a good windless day, I'm going to attempt 5 miles. Wish me luck.
Wow, you have bigger ones that me. 5% is cutting it pretty dang close! What altitude are you flying at when you went that far?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Deputy Dog
Wow, you have bigger ones that me. 5% is cutting it pretty dang close! What altitude are you flying at when you went that far?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm flying across a river and then up hill. When I turn around, the altitude from where I'm at is 700'. But, by looking at the landscape on the screen, I'm around 250 - 300' above the ground. Flying up slope with nothing to interfere, seems to keep the signal strong.

Just over 8000 feet with still full signals .in country side and was at 300 feet altitude.
37mph on outward trip about 20 all way back .
Landed with 55% battery left.
I suspect 10000 feet + is easly possible.
This is in UK so only on lower power CE mode

2.5 miles out (13,270 feet) for me with my P3A is my "best" so far, though battery was fine and signal strength not bad and I think I could have easily pushed 3 miles. Only signal issues really were once I turned it back, which is pretty common. I am all stock everything, no mods. Here is that particular flight. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

In my experience flying into a 5mph wind is best so you have a little speed on the way back. I can predictably turn back at 50% bat and sail home in gps mode when its 4-5 mph. Any more you dont make it as far any less i better turn back at 55-60% bat

I got just over 2 miles with home made windsurfers (not sure if you consider that a modification or not).

With bone stock P3P, I got 10,025' before video dropped (still had control).

I've done 10000 with no issue stock and over 12k with windsurfer with no issue

On my first long range attempt, I went out 8,724 ft. from our rocketry site to the CAP canal before starting to lose FPV.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Took some shots of the canal and headed back. There are some high-tension power lines in-between, so I didn't want to get tangled up with them. Was able to see the tower on the way back in, stopped and dropped down to get a fix on height for future reference.

I got 14,444 feet today with a completely non modified Phantom 3 Advanced. I did have to go above 1000 feet, but it's because I was going towards the mountains and needed to climb.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

8fc2253b68e078280ef66d98dfaac63b.jpg

7fa29252f49bdf08f58da737ef8725ad.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31